Why is my phone rebooting while installing (or updating) apps?

A

AC Question

my phone rebooting while installing (or updating) apps ... im getting crazy

hey friends, firstly im sorry for my bad english. im working on it :)
i used my phone gionee elife e7 (discovery elite in turkey) 1 year without any problem . But it started to rebooting randomly while install apps or uptade them a night.
Also its not rebooting if i dont use apps, its really interesting.
I showed my phone to technical service. And They installed the software again. But problem didnt fix.
Then i tried to root and custom rom for my phone. and i have miui V7 now. but still i have this rebooting problem
i cant understand if its a virus, how it can stay on my phone even after install new softwares

i dont wanna throw to wall my phone, pls help me. what i can do? :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: my phone rebooting while installing (or updating) apps ... im getting crazy

Welcome to Android Central! My guess is that some app you keep installing is causing instability. Or it might a combination of installed apps that are interacting with each other. You may want to do a factory reset, then start reinstalling apps one by one, watching closely to see if problems arise again.

since1907

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

B.Diddy thanks for answer. i did factory reset many times but when i started to install apps, this prolem appears again :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Are you waiting to reinstall apps after the factory reset? After the Setup Wizard is complete, go immediately to the Play Store and stop any app from installing automatically. When the phone is in this pristine state, do the problems still occur?

since1907

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

this problem had started in my stock rom. and i install new custom rom so all apps gone. but still problem didnt fix, even there was no any old apps in my new custom rom. are there undeleted files after install the new custom rom? maybe virus may be infected to sistem files. I'm just trying to execute ideas :(
or maybe when i use the apps, it runs to cpu and it causes rebooting. i dont have directly hardware problems but maybe its happening this way
in fact im getting crazy :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If you have an SD card, remove it and try again--a corrupt card might cause issues. Otherwise, I'd suspect some kind of hardware problem, like on the motherboard. That seems more likely than a virus to me.

since1907

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

i tried it before. but its not about sd. also sometimes i can use my phone around 30-40 minutes without rebooting but sometimes its happening in first application. i cant understand algorithm of this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

In that case, it's either a hardware defect, or perhaps corrupted firmware. There's not much you can do about the former, besides contacting Gionee and seeing if they can repair or replace it--is it still under warranty? For the latter, you could search the web for any way to root the phone and re-flash the stock firmware.