4yrs away from Android... come back?

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
4 years ago I left Android, the main reason being after 18-24months the phone was useless.
The OS constantly downloads updates.
Apps on the phone that couldn't be removed.

I found the phone slow, laggy, constantly updating and occasionally crashing the older the phone got until it was useless.

Anyway, I am now contemplating coming back with a LG G4 on a tariff that is £13/month cheaper.

Has Android improved?
Are phones still installed with apps that can't be removed (and still update themselves)?

Convince me;)

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I have read that review, however, the review says "Some superfluous software".

Is this the software that I mentioned above .... can't be removed/slows the phone?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
LG definitely tried to pack the G4 with a ton of extra features that most people probably won't use. I would suggest getting an unlocked phone running stock or near stock Android (moto x pure, nexus 6p, nexus 6, nexus 5x) if you want a smooth experience with no bloatware.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
LG definitely tried to pack the G4 with a ton of extra features that most people probably won't use. I would suggest getting an unlocked phone running stock or near stock Android (moto x pure, nexus 6p, nexus 6, nexus 5x) if you want a smooth experience with no bloatware.

Yep, unlocked is the way to go.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo