Delete contacts from phone only?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have both mine and my wife's gmail accounts on my phone because there are some things we like to share. When I set up my new G4, it sync'd her contacts by default. I did find where I can hide her contacts in my dialer, but I'd like to delete them all together. Even when hidden, they still pop up when dialing by name, or if Google doesn't hear me properly on voice dialing (i have a hard enough time getting it to recognize my own contacts without having hundreds of extras). I went to go delete them, but it gave me a notice that it could also result in deleting her contacts from the server, which I don't want to do.

I've disabled contact syncing so no more get added from her account. I just need to know how to delete the ones already there.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
In Settings > Account > Google > her Google account De-select the option to sync her contacts. This should remove her contacts and prevent them from showing when you do those searches.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In Settings > Account > Google > her Google account De-select the option to sync her contacts. This should remove her contacts and prevent them from showing when you do those searches.

I've disabled contact syncing so no more get added from her account. I just need to know how to delete the ones already there.

So yes, I already did that but the contacts are still there.