How to create true slow motion videos?

Lerxt07

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
(using a Samsung Galaxy S3)
Seems just about Every Android slo-mo app I've tried sucks. None come close to the true slow motion video I've seen on iPhones.

On Android, I've tried SloPro, another called Slow Motion Video & a few others I can't recall now, but currently have Slow Motion Video FX installed. That one is OK so far, but still not *quite* as smooth, seamless & clean as what I've seen on the iPhone. There're dozens of slow mo app options for Androids, but many have lower ratings.

All of mine turn out slowed but slightly blurry & I understand it also may have something to do with the frames per second.
Any recommendations?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you can get very good slow motion effects unless the phone's hardware allows it....the frames-per-second that can be recorded, as you say.

Lerxt07

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's disappointing. :-\
I gotta assume the more recent models can do it(?) I really don't want to give in to getting an iPhone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Most, if not all recent Android models do indeed offer stock slow motion recording, but so far I've only seen it at 720p @ 120fps. Not sure how that compares to the iPhone, but it makes a .25x speed video played back at the standard 30fps. Because you're essentially recording at 4 times the normal frame rate, it takes a lot more processing power. That's why something like the S3 can't do it even with a third party app.

Lerxt07

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Gotcha. Siiigh....Well, that's good to know then. I'd been entertaining the idea of upgrading to a newer one recently, so we'll see. Guess it'd be safe to probably get an S4 or s5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch