Home button not working on Android. It's been fine then...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Out of nowhere just stopped working. I reinstalled os completely, it worked fine for a few weeks now not working again. Not a physical home button.

Moto X. Lollipop.
Posted via the Android Central App

ssundaybay

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Your OS may be fine, but, probably, you’ve got some application running that makes the button unable to work. It usually happens when you install apps adding visual effects, a launcher or a live wallpaper. Check all of your apps and don’t let them install automatically after the OS reinstallation. Filter them carefully – androids need care and attention :)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Your OS may be fine, but, probably, you’ve got some application running that makes the button unable to work. It usually happens when you install apps adding visual effects, a launcher or a live wallpaper. Check all of your apps and don’t let them install automatically after the OS reinstallation. Filter them carefully – androids need care and attention :)

Hmm. I downloaded only my standard type basic back but I'll start removing some and try that. So far no luck.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It could still be hardware with the screen not recognizing touch input in the home screen area. Likely due to a bad digitizer.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Another strange thing, on my keyboard when I long press the . key and the other characters should show up they do not. And that isn't over the same area. Both that issue and the other were okay after the reinstall but both became an issue simultaneously.

I suppose I could find a fairly inexpensive moto x on eBay and keep this as a backup. : (
Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non