Note 10 plus power button issue

jonesey

Apr 21, 2023
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 10 plus. The power button recently stopped working unless I restart the device then it works for a few presses then stops again.
I an guessing it's not a hardware fault as it does work for abit but they for some reason stops.
Is there any way to find out what is causing this.
Thankyou

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What are you trying to do with the Side Key -- bring up the Power menu, or Bixby, or something else?

These days, you typically have to press the Side Key and Volume Up together to bring up the Power menu (unless you changed the Side Key function in the system settings).

jonesey

Apr 21, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What are you trying to do with the Side Key -- bring up the Power menu, or Bixby, or something else?

These days, you typically have to press the Side Key and Volume Up together to bring up the Power menu (unless you changed the Side Key function in the system settings).
Hi. Thankyou for your reply. I use the left power button to either put the phone in standby or turn off all together.
I have tried the power button and volume together but this only turns the volume up. The weird thing is as mentioned the power button works as it should after a restart but then stops again.

jonesey

Apr 21, 2023
Visit site
Another option in accesbilty assistant menu has a floating toggle for power button
Hi. Yes I have done that as a workaround for now. Unfortunately that don't help when my phone totally runs out which has happened once ( luckily plugging into laptop sorted it) .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Yes I have done that as a workaround for now. Unfortunately that don't help when my phone totally runs out which has happened once ( luckily plugging into laptop sorted it) .
If it still happening in safe mode then try factory reset, if that doesn't solve it you going need a repair shop.

I deleted your other post in the s23 Forum , you already started a thread here so no point to post all over..