mms apn problems

PETER PT

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
hi,i just bought a new vodafone smart prime 6 and whenever I try to send mms or even receive them the mobile phone asks me to connect mobile data, until now never had this problem, always sent and received mms without requiring that in other phones, i changed the apn but did nothing, could recommend some app or something that does not involve root?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
MMS requires a mobile data connection. Or are you saying that you get that message even with mobile data switched on?

Posted via the Android Central App

PETER PT

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
i know that it requires mobile data , the thing is that in order to recive the phone have to be permanently with te mobile data on, and i know that the lg l90 and the xperia e4 dosen´t need to have the mobile data allways on , it turns on only when receiving an mms

Fidelandche5

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
You should not have to have mobile data turned on to get MMS, you only use mobile data when accessing the internet when away from a router.

PETER PT

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
i know . but this phone i don´t know how to configure and the guy at the store said that all smart phones must have mobile data on to recive mms and there is nothing i can do about it, i know he is lying so i need your help if you know something about it

Fidelandche5

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Just do a quick google for vodafone APN settings to check they are the same as yours, if not the same as yours the nyou need to change them.

PETER PT

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
i did that and didn´t find anything ,so i used the apn from my xperia and now i don´t consume the mobile data plan but still have to put it on manualy tu recieve mms

Fidelandche5

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Still dosn't sound right, when I get MMS they don't use my mobile data. As far as I'm aware mobile data is for connecting to the internet when away from WiFi. I think you need to go back to Vodafone.