Homtom HT3 stuck on boot logo

Element91

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Homtom HT3 for my mother, when it arrived to me I charged it and checked it out a bit just to make sure everything was fine which it was.

She collected it from me the next day and told me she'd start to use it the day after, she calls me up the next day and tells me there's some problems with it and a few people at her workplace tried to fix it for her to no avail. I pick the phone back up and I notice that everytime I power it on, it gets stuck on the "homtom" logo.

As I don't know too much about fixing phones I only took the following steps before asking for advice here; I went into recovery mode by holding up volume and power button, the android guy with the red triangle appeared so I tapped up + power button to get into the recovery(?) menu. I wiped the phone to factory settings and deleted the cache in there but it hasn't fixed the problem.

I assume I need to flash a firmware or something to potentially fix this, but I'm unable to find an official firmware from doogee/homtom's site for the HT3. I've found a firmware that I downloaded from "chinagadgetsreviews" but I'm a bit weary to try and flash with that rom because it isn't from the manufacturer. (even if I knew how to - the only experience I have is rooting my own phone but that's when I actually had access to a working phone, not one thats stuck on a boot logo).

Sorry for the long post but could anyone guide me in the right direction here? TIA

I'm not opposed to not using official firmware, I think I use cyanogen mod(?) on my own phone. I'd just like the problem fixed in the easiest way possible.

I'm also having a major problem with getting it recognised in Windows which I assume will be required when I flash it, nothing happens when I connect it via USB and nothing shows up in device manager, I've tried with the battery out, battery in, battery in and turned on to boot logo, battery in and turned on to recovery menu. I can't enable USB debugging as I can't get passed the boot logo and any kind of USB drivers I try to install fail to install.

Apurv29

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently purchased a Homtom HT3 for my mother, when it arrived to me I charged it and checked it out a bit just to make sure everything was fine which it was.

She collected it from me the next day and told me she'd start to use it the day after, she calls me up the next day and tells me there's some problems with it and a few people at her workplace tried to fix it for her to no avail. I pick the phone back up and I notice that everytime I power it on, it gets stuck on the "homtom" logo.

As I don't know too much about fixing phones I only took the following steps before asking for advice here; I went into recovery mode by holding up volume and power button, the android guy with the red triangle appeared so I tapped up + power button to get into the recovery(?) menu. I wiped the phone to factory settings and deleted the cache in there but it hasn't fixed the problem.

I assume I need to flash a firmware or something to potentially fix this, but I'm unable to find an official firmware from doogee/homtom's site for the HT3. I've found a firmware that I downloaded from "chinagadgetsreviews" but I'm a bit weary to try and flash with that rom because it isn't from the manufacturer. (even if I knew how to - the only experience I have is rooting my own phone but that's when I actually had access to a working phone, not one thats stuck on a boot logo).

Sorry for the long post but could anyone guide me in the right direction here? TIA

I'm not opposed to not using official firmware, I think I use cyanogen mod(?) on my own phone. I'd just like the problem fixed in the easiest way possible.

I'm also having a major problem with getting it recognised in Windows which I assume will be required when I flash it, nothing happens when I connect it via USB and nothing shows up in device manager, I've tried with the battery out, battery in, battery in and turned on to boot logo, battery in and turned on to recovery menu. I can't enable USB debugging as I can't get passed the boot logo and any kind of USB drivers I try to install fail to install.

Dude i am having the same problem. But this happened when i did rooted my phone and was updating the SU binary. As it failed, I just rebooted my system as per directed. Now my phone is not booting up and its stuck on the logo. I even did hard reset thing. Someone please help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38