Why my sms won't ring?

Alex Camacho

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Ever since some update took place on my V45 (generic Chinese phone), my sms won´t ring.

I have already turned on manually my sms tone in order to be able to hear any incoming sms, with no success.

For some unknowkn reason, every time I open a new chat session, I need to turn on my sms ring tone for that specific chat.

Besides the only way for my incoming sms to ring, is to leave my phone showing the sms screen, otherwise it simply won't ring. I mean, if I leave my chat session in order to use any other app or service on my phone, I won't be able to know of a new incoming sms.

Please help to solve this issue as it is killing me!!!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, I am not versed in the specific phone you are using, so I can't give any detailed response, however, a few things to consider...

- are you on a "Normal" /"Sound" profile? Not vibrate or silent or anything?

- have you downloaded any other notification/SMS chat apps? You need to ensure that those apps have priority over your default SMS app, or else the two will interfere. Make sure your default SMS app and your actual chat app are the same.

- any recent software/OS updates? Any other issues going on?

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex Camacho

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi Morty;

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to reply.

Answering your questions, here are the answers:

1.- I switch between profiles several times a day, though; even when in "Normal", sms won´t ring unless I'm in the application.
2.- I downloaded facebook sms messenger a couple days ago, but the issue has been going on way before I did it. Nevertheless, you just made me think on this because I just noticed my Facebook sms messenger won´t ring either.

I will check settings see what happens.

3.- I don´t think there's been any recent update recently or at least I'm not aware of it. Do you know how I could check on that?

Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.

Alex Camacho

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Issue solved!!!

Clicked on settings then apps. looked for the SMS icon and clicked on it. When opened clicked on "show notifications".

Ta da!!! issue solved.

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa