Phone won't ring from certain caller

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
My S22+ will not ring when I get a call from Amazon. The call shows up in Recent, but the phone won't ring, nor will the screen display the incoming call. The calls come from the same 800 number. DND is off, and I've even added the number to my contacts. The ringtone is set to my default for such callers, and the volume also is the same. This doesn't happen with other callers, including from other 800 numbers. It's not be filtered as spam. So, I know the call is coming in, but I can't answer it.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I use YouMail, but it allows calls from contacts and 800 numbers etc. Plus, I uninstalled YouMail and it still happens.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I use YouMail, but it allows calls from contacts and 800 numbers etc. Plus, I uninstalled YouMail and it still happens.
can you try using another third-party phone app and see if the issue still exists? is this only happen with amazon or other callers?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, guys, but no joy. I wiped the cache partition, which didn't help. I installed Google Phone; same thing. AFAIK, this happens only with Amazon's call back for help number, which also is in my contacts, though it can't be used to call them. The phone doesn't ring, nor does the incoming call appear on the screen. It does show up in Recents. Do you want the 800 number?

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I know you've said that it's not filtered as spam, but I would see if there is another app flagging it as spam. Amazon help calls come to me with a caller ID of NY Prison System and suspected spam. It still could be flagged by your carrier's phone app, even if you are using a different app for calling.

Reactions: notforhire

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
No it's something that only your service provider can do. It basically resets the interface between your phone and their equipment. Nothing is done to the phone itself. Cable internet companies do it occasionally as well.

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
You tried deleting that person and re-add them ?
Yes, if you mean deleting the Amazon contact and then re-adding it, yes. If anyone cares to try what I'm describing, you can go to https://www.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/foresight/hubgateway-csp and select Request Call Now. Or log in to Amazon, clock Help at the very bottom of the page, then Help with something else, login address, login and security, password-email-login, then I need more help, and finally request a phone call. I also tried using a Google Voice number and it made no difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes, if you mean deleting the Amazon contact and then re-adding it, yes. If anyone cares to try what I'm describing, you can go to https://www.amazon.com/hz/contact-us/foresight/hubgateway-csp and select Request Call Now. Or log in to Amazon, clock Help at the very bottom of the page, then Help with something else, login address, login and security, password-email-login, then I need more help, and finally request a phone call. I also tried using a Google Voice number and it made no difference.
Yeah thought this was a regular contact sorry didn't realize you saved the Amazon help as a contact, have you reached out to Amazon about this ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It sounds like their issue if other numbers like that go through to your phone , maybe contact your carrier and see what they say

Reactions: Jimmy_W

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Also make sure in phone app settings Bixby text call not on ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619_224612_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_224612_Call settings.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000