Why won't my Windows 10 read my Samsung micro sdhc?

mjt6722

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
windows 10 will not read samsung micro sdhc

ok..I have 2 samsung micro sd ..SDHC class 2. they work just dandy in my old galaxy s3. im trying to put card in a adaptor and use usb port on my new hp laptop to import pictures..nothing. pc doesnt see it. i can use other micro sd cards such as sandisk with no problem....why is this happening?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the laptop have a built-in SD reader, or are you forced to use a USB SD reader?

mjt6722

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the laptop have a built-in SD reader, or are you forced to use a USB SD reader?

hey..thanks. yes it has a built in reader for SD card. im using a sandisk SD card with a little slot in the bottom to put the micro SD card inside. My laptop does not see it at all. Now if I try with a sandisk micro SD, it picks it right up. So is there possibly a driver required for SamSung micro SD class 2 cards??

another thought...is it possible that the galaxy phone may have encrypted the contents of the micro SD???

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure what's going on. If the SD card were encrypted, I would guess that the computer would still be able to detect it, but just not show the contents. It's possible the card is corrupt in some way. My recommendation would be to back up the data on the card by connecting the phone to your computer via USB and using Windows Explorer, then start using a different card (like the Sandisk that you mentioned).

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Might be your adapter. It may not be compatible with the cards you're trying to read. The sandisk cards... how big are they? Are they microSD or microSDHC? If the sandisk's are microSD and you're using the adapter that came with them, and you're trying to read the samsungs (microSDHC), then you may have to get a new adapter. If your Samsung card came with an adapter, try it and see if it makes a difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez