I still like my Note 10+ - Why should I upgrade to the Ultra S22 ?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My Note 10+ serves me well with zero problems, it's still snappy and does everything I need it to do. Other than the on-screen fingerprint scanner being un-useable cuz it's unreliable, that's the only negative I can think of. Plus I keep a large micro-SD card in my phone that's full of files, I've been using Samsung phones with removeable micro-SD cards since the ancient days of my Note 2. Is it true that none of the new Ultra models have a micro-SD card feature? If so, that totally sucks. That would also mean I'd be forced to pay more for at least 512GB of internal storage. As for the pen on the Ultra 22, is that any better than the pen on my Note 10+ in terms of features?

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I can agree with you about not upgrading. I thought a lot before I ordered the S22 Ultra. I'll keep my Note for backup.
I plan on getting 3 years out of the 22. My Note is 2 1/2 years old.
You can get another year out of your Note, so hold off if you want to.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
You shouldn't. This was my thought about coming from the Note 10+ to the S22 Ultra. No Samsung flagship devices will have any SD card support any longer, which is a garbage move IMO. It's all about money.

I am fairly certain the S - pen on the S22 Ultra is about the Same as the one on the Note 20 Ultra, which really isn't that big of a deal besides latency. Not worth it.

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 10+ 5G, and just ordered the S22 Ultra. Yes, I could continue to use the Note, and probadly for quite a while, but reviews on the S22 are good, I'm getting $700 trade in for my phone, and I have device dollars. The deal is good, and so is the timing.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are thinking of upgrading anytime soon and plan to trade this phone in, the trade-in values will only keep going lower. Also keep in mind that Android 12 is the last Android update that the Note 10 plus will get. BUT if it works perfectly fine for you, then why mess with a good thing? But just be mindful of those things mentioned above.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Samsung will always give more for devices generally compared to carriers, that is, for older devices. So that's not an issue for me.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 10+ 5G, and just ordered the S22 Ultra. Yes, I could continue to use the Note, and probadly for quite a while, but reviews on the S22 are good, I'm getting $700 trade in for my phone, and I have device dollars. The deal is good, and so is the timing.
I have a note 10+ but not 5G, if it was I wouldn't upgrade yet. The S22 Ultra came 2 days ago & I still haven't switched over yet. Few years ago I'd of started switching over within minutes of getting the new phone. The phones screens are about the same size but the ultra is definitely thicker.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! If your Note device is working well and is serving you well, I'd wait before upgrading!

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my 10+ 5G to the S22 Ultra, and I'm beginning to think it was a mistake. First the good. Verizon gave me $700 for my Note 10 towards the new phone. When all was said and done, my monthly payment went down by a few bucks. The phone is nicely made, camera works well, screen looks great. The S-pen is faster. Not that the Note 10 S-pen was bad; this is just better. It's essentially everything you'd expect from a flagship phone.

Now the bad. Battery life has been called mediocre. I'd say it's worse than that. I can still go all day on my 2 year old Note 10, with regular use. Not the Ultra. Samsung has some serious optimization to do to get more out of the battery. There are also bugs with various apps. I've had issues browsing where Chrome fails to display pages properly. I've had the browser freeze and not been able to get out for a bit because the phone won't show me the buttons to get back to the home screen. Video playback is beautiful, I've had a several instances where I've tilted the phone and when the video switches to full landscape it places the video in the lower right corner of the screen with the rest of the screen black, and it just hangs there. I've had a couple instances where I wanted to attach a photo to a text message and the phone wouldn't show me the keyboard so I could add text. Had to send the photo, then the keyboard popped up. When I was trying to activate it, the preinstalled SIM failed to activate. Maybe a Verizon thing, but disappointing nonetheless.

I've only had this since last Monday, and I'm not blown away. It feels like Samsung had a schedule to meet and they shipped these with the intent being to fix them with updates. The $700 incentive is hard to pass up, but I'm halfway to returning this phone and keeping my Note 10+.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
The $700 incentive is hard to pass up, but I'm halfway to returning this phone and keeping my Note 10+.

Return it. Hell, to be honest, from some of the pictures from the camera from the forums, I'm not blown anyway by any means. I don't have any of these kind of issues with my Note 10+. Not one.

Evidently some users in Exynos regions are having display issues.

T-Mobile is offering me 400-500 trade in for my Note 10+ towards the S22 Ultra, and to be honest, I don't really see anything that the S22 Ultra can do that my Note 10+ can't honestly besides high refresh rate screen.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was coming to find just this thread. I'm REALLY torn. I really like the Note 10+ thatI have (and not even the 5G version, I really don't need that at all)...While I really do like the 120hz screen capability and I do LIKE the better camera capability, I dont really do THAT much with this phone and the camera. Android, Samsung is (god forbid) really 2nd to my apple ecosystem and I use it more for work and testing some android apps.

What I still really LIKE/LOVE about the 10+ is the weight and feel in the hand. Frankly I think it is one of the best designed phones,, screen shape, resolutions, form factor, etc. I've tried the note 20, the S21, and I returned them all. the upgrade in features was just not enough and that was when mother samsung was giving nearly $700 for upgrade/trade ins.

Now, with the S22 Ultra, I find the WEIGHT and form factor JUST a tad large and heavier.. yes, it's only really 1oz, a handful of peanuts at most. but something about it just feels like it's going to bother me.

From the past three years on the note 10+ I have about 65 pictures. on my iphone 8+ (yes, I know upgrading is hard) I have 1000's. so, you can see where the daily driver is.

but, at the same time, i think the best we can do with the Note 10 10+ is going to be ONE MORE ADROID update to maybe 13 at best. With these most recent devices, S22 and beyond, we're looking at at least FOUR next updates.

For the money, I'm sitting at about $540 to make the upgrade and stay with the program, which isn't too much but what I really really wanted was the S22 ULTRA in the same form factor as the note 10+ and the same weight (I know I KNOW PHYSICS!) with maybe just a tad better battery life and all the upgrades. Is that too much to ask?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Note 10 + will receive ANY future Android updates? At this point, I think I might just return the S22 Ultra.. I don’t need 5G, don’t need a better S pen, don’t need the future forward camera, don’t see the bigger battery as providing better battery life, I DO like 120HZ, but the refresh rate on the 10+ at even max 60 wasn’t a problem for me. But, if it will NOT receive any future updates, then I MIGHT just say keep it.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
No, the Note 10+ will not receive any more future Android software updates. Android 12 is the last major OS update it will get, which honestly is fine. But it will get security patches for quite some time. I think at least a couple years from now, so it will still be supported in that sense.

OS updates are overrated IMO. I don't really like Android 12 myself. I would personally keep your Note 10+. I actually just ordered another one for 260 dollars from Samsung's pre-owned program which is an awesome price. They are giving 400 dollars trade in right now for the Note 10+ if you buy the Note 10+. Lol I know... it doesn't make much sense. My display is screwed up though. Not cracked, but has a flickering issue from a faulty repair.

I was actually looking at a regular Galaxy S20 which I think is great for around 330 bucks, but 260 dollars for the Note 10+ is an even better deal IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred