[MEGATHREAD] What is app 10xxx?

morpheusoptic

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Unknown app "10252"

I was recently looking at my data usage in the settings menu and noticed an app I have never seen before. Does anyone know what the one that says "10252" is? I have no app by that specific name and there is no way to go to the app settings by clicking on it from the usage menu.

I looked through all my apps in the app manager and it is not listed in any slide eg. Running, downloaded or All. If anyone knows what this is I would appreciate it.

The only data it uses is background data, which I have subsequently turned off.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1416030233666.jpg
    1416030233666.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 7

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is program 10177 with black android icon in battery menu

Welcome to the forums. Usually those 10xxx processes refer to apps that were uninstalled recently, after the last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle, after you full charge again. Nothing to worry about for now. Tell us how it goes.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Process called "10256" using 25% of CPU

I've been installing/uninstalling email applications today trying to find one that I like for all three accounts.

At any rate, after getting Outlook installed (works so far) I noticed that there was an application called 10256 running at the top of the battery/CPU stack, with 25% of usage.

I rebooted but the process is still there. Anyone know what it might be? Will it go away after the next charge cycle?

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Process called "10256" using 25% of CPU

Those 10xxx processes usually refer to apps that were uninstalled since the last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle, after you full charge again.

A

AC Question

- Galaxy S7 - Battery Usage "10269" Using 35%

Looking at my batter usage the number one app or process draining my battery is "10269" with a black android character next to it. I am not sure what this is, any ideas?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: - Galaxy S7 - Battery Usage "10269" Using 35%

Welcome to the forums. Those 10xxx usually refer to apps that were uninstalled since the last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle, after you full charge again.

A

AC Question

Unknown app draining battery

I've searched & haven't found anyone talking about this strange new icon/app I'm seeing when looking at battery usage on a VZ Galaxy S7. Number one on the list shows android icon with 10236 showing where it would otherwise say Display, Android OS, or whatever app name. Anyone know what this might be? Barely getting 12 hours with a full charge and only 2 hrs talk time with minimal usage otherwise. No other task running currently.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unknown app draining battery

Welcome to the forums. Have you recently uninstalled any app? Usually those 10xxx processes refer to apps that were removed since the last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle.

A

AC Question

What is 10049 and why is it draining my battery life?

About 3 days ago my battery began draining very quickly and I couldn't figure out why. When I checked my battery detail something called 10049 is using 47% of my battery and I can't find what this is anywhere. Does anyone know? What should I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What is 10049 and why is it draining my battery life?

Welcome to Android Central! I've seen that kind of thing happen on occasion. Although I don't know for sure, my suspicion is that it's some system process that is glitching and has gone rogue. Does a reboot fix the problem, or does it come right back?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: What is 10049 and why is it draining my battery life?

Welcome to the forums. Have you uninstalled any app recently? Those 10xxx processes usually refer to apps that were removed after the last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle. Tell us how it goes.

David Bos

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Unknown app "10252"

I don't know what the purpose of this application, only that I have the same problem.
Except with me it shows up in my battery usage and uses one third of its capacity.

media-20161122.png

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unknown app "10252"

Welcome to the forums. Those 10xxx processes usually refer to apps that were uninstalled after your last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle, once you full charge again. Tell us how it goes.

A

AC Question

Something called "10195" is draining my battery life on the S7

For some reason, when I went to check my battery life, this thing called "10195" was at the top draining 40% of my battery. It had the same icon as "Android OS" so I don't know if it's link to that or what. It doesn't allow my to force stop or report. I even tried rebooting. That didn't work either. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and my carrier is T-Mobile.
I also have screen shots but I have no clue on how to post them.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Something called "10195" is draining my battery life on the S7

Welcome to the forums. Have you recently uninstalled any app? Usually these 10xxx processes refer to apps that were removed after the last full charge. It should disappear on your next battery cycle, after you full charge again. Tell us how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana