Why can I no longer control my music apps with bluetooth peripheral devices (headphones, car control

naspinski

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I recently RMA'd my old 5X due to a fingerprint scanner failure. With my new phone (still 5X, 7.0), my bluetooth connected devices will not control my phone's music controls (Google Music and Slacker) like the older 5X did. Is there an update or something that causes this to be opt-in functionality? Did I accidentally turn it off? I have no idea, it just used to work previously. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I can't imagine why it isn't working; I've never found a way to disable those functions. The only thing I can think of is that the device(s) paired to an older Bluetooth level that does not support the functions in question.

If you haven't done so already, try "forgetting" the devices and then pairing them again.

How many different devices? What are they?

naspinski

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
I have paired them, and they play music just fine - they just don't respond to skip/volume/play/pause requests. The display in my car also does not show the current track

The devices that used to work and no longer do are my 2013 Range Rover Evoque, Pyle PWPBT60 bluetooth speaker, and Bluez 2 S headphones.

I will try later to unpair, re-pair. I have manually "forgotten" my old phone on my car as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall