Why can I no longer hear audio on JVC car stereo (worked fine before installing JVC Music Control)?

A

AC Question

Can no longer hear audio on JVC car stereo (worked fine before installing JVC Music Control)

Hi - I have a JVC car stereo that played music from my phone (via USB) fine when I was using the standard music player that came installed on my Galaxy S4 phone.
However I recently installed the JVC app as I had been told it had better functionality - and as soon as I installed it, the car stereo still 'saw' the phone but no sound came out when tracks were playing - either using the JVC Music Control app or the Music Player app. So I uninstalled the JVC app but sadly the problem now remains - no sound from the car stereo when tracks are playing on Music Player. I'm gutted as it worked Ok before the installation :-(

Any thoughts or suggestions much appreciated!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can no longer hear audio on JVC car stereo (worked fine before installing JVC Music Control)

After uninstalling an app, it helps to restart the device.
Take the battery out of your GS4 for about 10 minutes. Put it back in and turn it on and try the music player again.
Another thing you could do is clear cache and see if it works after that.

Having said that, it's weird that the app itself is at fault. Are you sure you didn't download something else, or the phone didn't get an update?

louwarrennz

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the battery removal but totally no luck / no change.

There was a recent update to my phone (about 10 days ago) but the phone has played through the car stereo fine since then until the fateful installation of the JVC app. (I read from the reviews of the app now that this is not uncommon for other Android users to find no audio sound comes out - although no one seems to have reported that uninstalling failed to sort the problem).

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Should I try a firmware update for the head unit?

Many thanks!

Tattoocraig2

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the battery removal but totally no luck / no change.

There was a recent update to my phone (about 10 days ago) but the phone has played through the car stereo fine since then until the fateful installation of the JVC app. (I read from the reviews of the app now that this is not uncommon for other Android users to find no audio sound comes out - although no one seems to have reported that uninstalling failed to sort the problem).

Any other thoughts or suggestions? Should I try a firmware update for the head unit?

Many thanks!

Tattoocraig2

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have just had the exact same problem. USB was working fine. I then decided to install the app and now I have no sound even after uninstaling the app.

Tattoocraig2

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I fixed mine. Uninstall the app and put phone into restore mode and select wipe cache. Restart the phone and just hit cancel when you plug it in an it asks if you want to install the app.

louwarrennz

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for that.

OK, so I tried the recovery mode cache wipe - no change - and also reset the car stereo - no change there too :-(
I also realise that it was the JVC Music Play app I originally installed, not their Music Control app as I stated in my first post - not sure if that makes a difference. And while the Music Play app blurb says it works on Android 4 and above, if you dig deeper it says it doesn't work on Android 5.0.1 which is what my phone has.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks!

TAttila

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I have almost the same issue. Usually the app and the car stereo works together fine. Without any visible reason the sound quits. The player runs, i can change the tracks by the reciever, and the played track is visible on the screen. After this, if i change the mode to audio on the stereo the sound doesn't come back. The only thing what solves the problem, is to restart the phone. It's so anoying. It's like if the app would lock a resource and then loosing the handle for it, so the resource is never getting freed again.
Does anybody have info about this issue?
Almost forgot, i have a 5.1.1 on an S6.

Thanks!