Is it possible to make computers ask for a password when trying to connect to Samsung S5?

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
If it is possible, then I would like to ask: How?
What I'm looking for is:

- Making computer ask for password when connecting phone to computer via USB.
- If password is correct, the user will have permission to access the phones files as you normally would.
- If password is incorrect, the connection between phone and computer will not established.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Android verson: 6.0.1

I have been trying to look for similar questions on google, but I fail to find any suggestions... maybe I use the wrong keywords.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does the phone have a password or pin on it already? I ask because I'm pretty sure that does something similar to what you want. Not 100% sure, but I seem to remember reading it somewhere that your phone has to be unlocked to access the files. Granted, if the phone is already unlocked before plugging into the computer, it won't require a password entry again.

I'm not personally aware of a method that requires a password entry from the computer every time.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
There is not security like that for the computer side. All the security is on the phone's side.

If you have the phone's lock screen setup, when you connect the phone to the computer, the user will need to unlock the security screen and accept the computer connection.

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your answer!

Yes, I already have password and pin on my phone. And I can confirm the phone has to be unlocked and you have to accept the MTP connection to the computer on the phone.

Maybe this amount of security might just do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez