Samsung Android Visual Voicemail App Application Feature How to enable make it work Phone Smartphone Cellphone

samsimon

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Here what I learned about visual voicemail, it's a bit complicated, I hope now you can better understand this feature.
  1. If you buy a carrier locked device, some of them have preinstall visual voicemail in the firmware and carrier can enable this feature for you. For others you would have to install their application.
  2. If you buy an unlocked device, some carriers have their visual voicemail applications that you need to install. Others offer visual voicemail feature but you need to install application, like a Samsung Voicemail, and carrier would need to enable this feature for you.
  3. Some other unlocked devices have visual voicemail built-in to phone application. Find out if your carrier offer this feature and can enable it for you.
  4. The visual voicemail gets installed with certain carriers SIM cards, they have pre-installed code on the SIM, making the carrier auto enabling this feature. Some kind of pre set settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Also factory unlocked Samsung's usually activate their built-in visual voicemail apps automatically when you activate them... same with Pixels 👍

samsimon

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Also factory unlocked Samsung's usually activate their built-in visual voicemail apps automatically when you activate them... same with Pixels 👍
I got factory unlocked Note 10 from Samsung, and it doesn't have visual voicemail at all. I had to install Samsung Visual voicemail app.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
That's interesting... my factory unlocked Flip 3 automatically activated the Samsung visual voicemail as soon as I put my AT&T SIM card in it.

Reactions: mustang7757

samsimon

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
That's interesting... my factory unlocked Flip 3 automatically activated the Samsung visual voicemail as soon as I put my AT&T SIM card in it.
as I read somewhere else, there is also a thing, that Sim Cards have pre-installed code, making the carrier auto enabling this feature. Some kind of pre set settings.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
as I read somewhere else, there is also a thing, that Sim Cards have pre-installed code, making the carrier auto enabling this feature. Some kind of pre set settings.
Yes the visual voicemail gets installed with certain carriers sim , like my T-Mobile sim doesn't install it but my Att sim does on my unlocked Samsung device

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
interesting, I added this point to the post.... the Visual voicemail is much complicated thing than I thought...
Well that's how it works on the unlock Samsung version , the Carrier version if if it's network unlock works differently, the have carrier version with model end in a U and unlock by Samsung which ends in U1

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I got factory unlocked Note 10 from Samsung, and it doesn't have visual voicemail at all. I had to install Samsung Visual voicemail app.
Are you able to share the APK of the Samsung Visual Voicemail app? When I go to the Galaxy Store, it says that it is incompatible with all of my devices (the only phone being the S23 Ultra running U1 Unlocked US firmware.)

samsimon

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Are you able to share the APK of the Samsung Visual Voicemail app? When I go to the Galaxy Store, it says that it is incompatible with all of my devices (the only phone being the S23 Ultra running U1 Unlocked US firmware.)
as i understood there is only one official visual voicemail....

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What carrier do you have? The incompatibility may be because your carrier charges for visual voicemail and blocks the free version from Samsung.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
What carrier do you have? The incompatibility may be because your carrier charges for visual voicemail and blocks the free version from Samsung.
I am with Telus in Canada, and yes, they do charge for VVM, *but* I am subscribed.

However, I managed to sideload the APK from my son's S21, but the app refused to load. I am presuming it is because the app detected that the active CSC, SIM card and required CSC did not match.

I have a Canadian device but it *was* running US U1 firmware. I flashed it back to Canadian firmware and VVM appeared out of the box and worked fine, as well.

In the end, I had to choose between having the feature that I wanted and having all the features my device supported, and I caved in to the later, lol.

Reactions: Laura Knotek