New to Android.. old iPhone guy

Snakeobich

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
So I am brand new to the Android OS on the HTC Inspire.. and I'm trying to get familiar with it all.

My biggest question is:

Can I custom folders in the Gallery in which to organize and store my folders? The iPhone wouldn't let me and that was one of my biggest pet peeves.

Also, any suggestions for must have apps? Anything that is considered ESSENTIAL for a good experience? I haven't quite decided if I like it better than the iPhone yet... I am looking for that something to push me over the edge...

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android army recruit. I'm not sure what you want to do with the folders but the only thing you can do to the stock folders is change the name and load them up with 16 apps. There are different strokes for different folks as far as must have apps... What's must have for me is not a must have for you.

Sean Brunett

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So I am brand new to the Android OS on the HTC Inspire.. and I'm trying to get familiar with it all.

My biggest question is:

Can I custom folders in the Gallery in which to organize and store my folders? The iPhone wouldn't let me and that was one of my biggest pet peeves.

Also, any suggestions for must have apps? Anything that is considered ESSENTIAL for a good experience? I haven't quite decided if I like it better than the iPhone yet... I am looking for that something to push me over the edge...

Not exactly sure what your question is, but Folder Organizer is one of my must have apps that allows massive customization, including icon changes.

What is it that you want to do in the Gallery?

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Don't really know what you mean by gallery since it sounds like you mean the app drawer and not the photo gallery.

I personally use Apps Organizer but Folder Organizer is great as well.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Can I custom folders in the Gallery in which to organize and store my folders?
As stated above, you'll have to clarify. You don't modify folders in the Gallery app itself. You set up the folders on the SD card however you want. The Gallery just scans your SD card and adds files and folders as it finds them.