Hotspot using data

Aaron Gunda

Mar 25, 2017
Visit site
My hotspot is using *background* data ...A lot of background data ...I can see it in my Data usage....I've never turned it on.... I don't even connect it to my computer.....I did tether it to my computer about a week ago but nor after that..... Ice bid used my computer since then... Plz help... Is there any way I can stop it from using data

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
My hotspot is using *background* data ...A lot of background data ...I can see it in my Data usage....I've never turned it on.... I don't even connect it to my computer.....I did tether it to my computer about a week ago but nor after that..... Ice bid used my computer since then... Plz help... Is there any way I can stop it from using data

What is Ice bid?... and how did he/it use your computer and hotspot?
How many ways does your phone and its apps have to turn on/off your hotspot?... make sure they are all turned off.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Sounds like you have an app with wifi hotspot permission granted. No app should have permission to do that. That should be purely an end-user, manual ON/OFF function. I would start by scrubbing through and dialing dialing back your app permissions. Deny anything that requests hotspot permission.

What does your battery usage monitor look like?... is there anything running constantly that shouldn't be?

The other possibility is a virus or malware running covertly without you knowing it.

Good Luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38