endless loop Help!!!

koohobo

May 28, 2011
Visit site
so i rooted my droid incredible got some roms for my phone n now tat i was looking to choose a rom n finally got 1 that i liked i tried to go back to it but that when it got stuck in the endless loop. now i tried getting into the recovery with the volumes being held down but all it did was vibrate, green led light blinks n the screen is black. so i cant use that. any one have any way i can get out of this...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
so i rooted my phone got some roms for my phone n now tat i was looking to choose a rom n finally got 1 that i liked i tried to go back to it but that when it got stuck in the endless loop. now i tried getting into the recovery with the volumes being held down but all it did was vibrate, green led light blinks n the screen is black. so i cant use that. any one have any way i can get out of this...

Hey koo, its best if you could let us know what phone you have, what roms you were trying to use....etc

koohobo

May 28, 2011
Visit site
well my phone is an incredible. um the that i had first was the cmd 7 i think. then i got this rom that has a blue droid with a blue circle wave going around it... i can probably give u more details later on in the day

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
well my phone is an incredible. um the that i had first was the cmd 7 i think. then i got this rom that has a blue droid with a blue circle wave going around it... i can probably give u more details later on in the day

I dont know much bout the Dinc but i know who can help you , ill contact him and give him a link to this thread. for you and hopefully he will get back to you asap.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
1. Did you download the correct ROM for your phone? You cannot mix these, example, you can't use a Dinc2 Rom on an original Dinc. You can't use a Desire ROM on a Desire S.

2. Did you download ROM Manager and flash the latest Recovery? (I only use ROM Manager to flash recoveries, nothing else) BEFORE flashing custom ROMs.

3. Did you backup your current ROM before flashing?

4. Did you delete your cache memories BEFORE flashing? Including Delvik?

Because I'm thinking you didn't clear your cache memories before flashing to another ROM.

And also, if you created custom Partitions to work with one specific ROM, it may not be compatible with a different ROM.

Another thing that would help a lot of us troubleshooters..... is that you would use correct english. This isn't a facebook status post, nor an SMS to your "Buds".

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidXcon

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Koo,

Your original post said that you were having a problem getting into recovery. Can you get into recovery now?

If not pull the battery and then replace it and boot into HBOOT by holding down the Power and Down Volume at the same time.

Once in HBOOT wait a few seconds for it to finish scanning the SD Card then select Recovery and press the Volume Button to select. This should bring you to recovery.

In your posts you said that you were using CM7 then you flashed another ROM and it was a Blue Droid with a circle around it. That sounds like the logo for CM7, so you may not have successfully flashed the new ROM.

Once you are in recovery, select the Clear Data/Factory Reset option, then clear cache, then under Advanced, Clear Dalvik.

Then flash your ROM again.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions.

Reactions: DroidXcon

koohobo

May 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i didnt clear the cache. i was using rom manager. the previous rom in which i wanted to go back, was saved so i didnt have to redownload it from rom manager. the hboot recovery doesnt show up any more. the loop keeps coming up. every time i try to start the hboot it gives me a flashing led light,black screen, the screen or the home screen do not light up.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
OK - Let's try this -

Download this file
http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery/PB31IMG-recovery-clockworkmod-3.0.0.8.zip
Rename the file from PB31IMG-recovery-clockworkmod-3.0.0.8.zip to PB31IMG.zip (If you don't see the .zip in windows just name it PB31IMG) Then copy it to the root of your SD Card. Make sure your SD Card is formatted FAT32 or this won't work. (If it's anything other than FAT32, copy everything off, reformat as FAT32 and copy everything back)

Then Boot into HBOOT. HBOOT should see the file on the root of the SD Card and prompt you to install or not - select yes to install. This will reinstall that latest ClockworkMod recovery. Once done it should give you the option to boot into recovery, then clear Data, Cache and Dalvik as outlined previously and re-flash you ROM.

Let me know what happens.

koohobo

May 28, 2011
Visit site
ok so i tried the file put into the root of my sd n the screen still was blank.. but this time the green light wasnt flashing.. should i extract the file or put in the zip into the sd? n should i run the program clockwork while the phone is plug in? b cuz the pc still locates the phone

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Make sure your SD card is FAT32 and that the file is named PB31IMG.zip These are the two most common errors.

Do not extract the .zip it will not do any good.

When you boot into HBOOT do you see the white screen with the three android robots on skateboards at the bottom?
Like this
P72100441.jpg

daddykc

May 29, 2011
Visit site
When I get to hboot it says it can't see any img even though it lists all the pb31img.zip about 4 different ways and when I try to go to recovery it goes to incredible screen and locks up . Sorry to hijack the thread , I tried tried to start a new one but it wouldn't leg me.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Formay your SD.

Personally, Stig, he may be better off to install Android Development kit and drivers, and run a command to manually delete the cache memories.

Or, if he can still communicate with the phone, he could try and install a RUU. Of course this will kill the root, but hey.........

But if recovery is buggarred...... makes it hard.

Maybe I'm wrong. Whatcha think?

The bottom line, is that the OP didn't wipe memories. N00b mistake.

The good thing is, he's not bricked.... yet.

To the OP... Never use ROM manager to install a ROM. it's ok to flash recovery., but, it's 50/50 to flash a ROM.

koohobo

May 28, 2011
Visit site
No the screen just goes black.. Doesnt show anythingwhen I try to go into hboot. I know what the hboot is. Ill try again. Do I leave that file alone in the sd?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When I get to hboot it says it can't see any img even though it lists all the pb31img.zip about 4 different ways and when I try to go to recovery it goes to incredible screen and locks up . Sorry to hijack the thread , I tried tried to start a new one but it wouldn't leg me.

Moscow is correct - copy everything off your SD and format it as FAT32. There should only be one PB32IMG.zip file on the root of the SD. More than one will confuse it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
No the screen just goes black.. Doesnt show anythingwhen I try to go into hboot. I know what the hboot is. Ill try again. Do I leave that file alone in the sd?

I think it's RUU time.

Download this file to your PC. It's the Official VZW Froyo image.
http://dougpiston.com/files/RUU/RUU...4k_NV_1.70_PRL58006_release_152016_signed.exe

Connect your DInc to your PC and run this file from your PC. Follow the step by step directions in the program precisely! It will completely wipe and reload your phone to Factory. You will lose root, but still be S-Off. Once you're back up and running go to unrevoked.com and re-root.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non