Google Voice - SMS / Notification

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
When I receive a text message from GVoice, I also receive in on my default SMS client. I was wondering if there was a way to stop this from happening. I want my GVoiceSMS to go to the client (being Voice) and not my actual Handcent inbox along with my normal texts.

Timelessblur

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is an easy way to fix it.
Log into your Google Voice account threw your computer and go into the settings and turn off the sending a text. The one threw the App does not see to effect that setting.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
On your phone, open google voice then hit the menu button on the phone and select settings on the menu that pops up. Next press "sync and notifications" and then uncheck the box that says "notifications via text message".

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I want Google Voice notifications for Google Voice SMS.
However I don't want Google Voice texts showing up in my normal text inbox.
Kind of like how when you use Google Talk, you get google talk notifications and only get google talk messages, and they don't show up in normal texts.

Guessing this isn't possible, so I'll just have to deal. I'll just turn my voicemail notifications on and use normal texting, and get rid of the app notification.

Bendroid55

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
You have handscent set as your sms app so if you receive a text message it is going to show up there. Just turn off the text message notification in google voice, you will still get notified via ringtone and in the notifications bar when you have a voicemail.

SnyperX

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
It is possible, what you need to do is log into google voice from a computer
Go To your Voice Settings
Under Phones you will click the Edit button for your cell phone
Then Uncheck the box that says "Receive Text Message on this Phone"

That is how I did it and I only receive notifications with my google voice app, not any sms's being sent via the carriers service. I also use handcent for my other texting needs.

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It is possible, what you need to do is log into google voice from a computer
Go To your Voice Settings
Under Phones you will click the Edit button for your cell phone
Then Uncheck the box that says "Receive Text Message on this Phone"

That is how I did it and I only receive notifications with my google voice app, not any sms's being sent via the carriers service. I also use handcent for my other texting needs.

Ah.. Okay, thanks! That helps. xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699