4G + Duel Core (or comparable) + Flip out KB ??

liquidmass

Dec 29, 2010
optimusv.wikispaces.com
Have been using VM for years and years now as I have never had the need for a "Real" phone or plan. But after getting a "Real" job that pays "Real" great money I'm now looking to get a new device. I'm currently using a totally hacked and customized Optimus V oc'd to about 800mhz. Now at first this was excellent and able to handle most of my somewhat light-moderate usage, but now I find myself using bluetooth, wifi, exchange sync with my company's MASSIVE amount of mail, events, notes and seperate inbox's, my usage is now really, really heavy and I'm finding my phone to be seriously slowing down and freezing a lot, this is happening no matter what ROM/Kernel/Launcher or setup I have tried, not to mention VM's slow 3g and crappy coverage. Sooo I'm now looking for a new device. Money is no object and phone can either be available right now or announced. No tablets. Any ideas would be appreciated big time! thanks!!

Needs:
4G LTE
FAST CPU (duel core preffered or really great single core)
FLIP OUT KB (dislike touchscreen KB's, I type a LOT and they cannot handle it. this is 100% need for me)
USA carrier I live in the states so must be a US carrier, it doesn't matter witch one.

Wants:
1080p recording
HDMI
8MP+ Camera and a front facing one as well .. would be nice!
BIG HQ screen (I know big screens on phones with analog kb's are hard to come by, but I have seen some in the past!)
seperate GPU would be nice as I work as a software tester/debugger for a large CAD/3D software company and spend my days designing some huge 3d objects, I use an android app to view and rotate these, also I game, a lot. so a seperate GPU would be needed.
Good sounding speaker I also listen to lots of music and having a good quality speaker would be a plus
Gorilla Glass it's tough and I am clumsy
Heavy duty materials The less plastic the better

The actual size or weight of the device doesn't matter much to me as long as it fits in my pocket and is not the size of a ipad, lol.

thanks!!

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There are no phones that I can think of with your needs. The closest may be the Epic or Shift 4G on Sprint. Both those devices are WiMax, though.

There haven't been any officially, or rumored, devices that I can think of with your needs, either. The problem is the flip out keyboard. Most everything coming out on the LTE networks are touch screen only. The Motorola Droid 3 has seen several unofficial clips/photos be released recently without any word on a release date or if it will be LTE compatible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non