Is there a way to set large text for just a single website?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased a Droid X as my first smartphone and am still learning the Android OS.

There's one site I visit very often that looks much better (easier to read) when the browser is set to "large" text. The downside is many other sites look a little goofy with the "large" text setting and I find myself switching back to normal.

Is there any way to have the browser open a certain URL in "large" text while everything else opens in "normal"?

Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions. :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this can be done for a single website. You may have to set the font larger each time you visit the website.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information - I really appreciate it.

I was using Ebay's App last night and noticed it had a small bar appear at the bottom right corner of the screen that allowed the user to change the size of the text - that would be perfect if I could find something like that for a browser.

Thanks again for the information and I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend. :)

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information - I really appreciate it.

I was using Ebay's App last night and noticed it had a small bar appear at the bottom right corner of the screen that allowed the user to change the size of the text - that would be perfect if I could find something like that for a browser.

Thanks again for the information and I hope everyone has a great Fourth of July weekend. :)

Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you aware that you can pinch to zoom? Also, after you zoom you can double tap the screen and it formats the text to a single column form; For easy reading.

Reactions: XDCX

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Please don't take this the wrong way, but are you aware that you can pinch to zoom? Also, after you zoom you can double tap the screen and it formats the text to a single column form; For easy reading.

Thanks for the information. I knew about the pinch to zoom but I didn't know about the double tap to format the text into a single column - that helps.

The downside is the website I'm referring to is DealershipForum.com and everytime I open a new thread or go to a new page I need to do the procedure you described.

I've heard of Tapatalk as a tool that makes it easier to read forums, maybe I'll have to give that a try? I really wish there was some way I could increase the size of the text like I can in the Ebay App - that would be a perfect solution.

Thanks again for the help and I hope you have a great Holiday Weekend. :)

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the information. I knew about the pinch to zoom but I didn't know about the double tap to format the text into a single column - that helps.

The downside is the website I'm referring to is DealershipForum.com and everytime I open a new thread or go to a new page I need to do the procedure you described.

I've heard of Tapatalk as a tool that makes it easier to read forums, maybe I'll have to give that a try? I really wish there was some way I could increase the size of the text like I can in the Ebay App - that would be a perfect solution.

Thanks again for the help and I hope you have a great Holiday Weekend. :)

You might want to also try this: In your browser>menu (bottom button with 4 squares)>more>settings>Text size>"Large" or "Huge"