Motorola Droid 2 Coming father's day? [RUMOR]

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey every one,

I was searching google for information about the HTC incredible (since I'm patiently waiting for the phone to be ship from Verizon. :D) and stumbled across this blog that mentioned a mystery device from Motorola.

Rumor has it that Motorola might come out with the Motorola Droid 2 by father's day.

Source(s):

I think it's too soon for a Droid 2, I mean it just came out in November 2009.

What do you think?

Bigk:)

G

GenericMessage

Its entirely possible.

Think about the rate at Android phones pop up!

All the way back in October of 2008 the G1 hit! The very first android phone!

Now world wide (through the many different kinds) their are 50 smartphones running android.

50 in two years! So it wouldn't surprise me at all

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is possible. A lot of companies do it. BB released the Storm1 then within a year released the Storm2. Many Storm1 users were outraged.

Apple releases a new iPhone every year like clockwork. Considering the DROID/Eris came out in early Nov, it has already been 7 months and we just saw HTC upgrade the Eris to the Incredible. I don't see any reason why Moto wouldn't already have the Droid 2 ready to go, I would be a little more suspicious that Verizon would want them launching so close to each other. I am sure Verizon would love to launch something big like the Droid 2 in say July/August and beat the specs on the 4th iPhone.

We saw Palm try to best the iPhone 3GS last year and fail. Best best (from Verizon's perspective) would be to let the Inc be the flagship phone for a couple months and have the new hotness of the Droid 2 for a summer/fall release. Of course they could have some other blockbuster superphone in waiting no one knows about.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I saw something from verizon where they are gong to let existing customers upgrade early. I hope it is true and I hope it is for the droid 2.

CynicalDreams81

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Please, don't remind them...lol

I was one of the outraged Storm1 users as I didn't research well and the Storm2 came out about 6 months after I got the Storm1.

As for Verizon allowing an early upgrade they wont. They allow early upgrades to users who have a price plan of 49.99 or higher after 12 months plus a $20 early upgrade fee. They're not going to lose money by allowing Droid1 users to upgrade early at discounted price so quickly. I use to do customer service for them. They're like any phone company. As stated above new iPhones come every year. Are they allowed to upgrade early? No. So Verizon will not do the same. The employees have to feed their families too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer