What the hell is wrong with the Voice to Text???

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I have a Nexus S 4G on Sprint. For 2 weeks now when I try to use the Voice to Text (Mainly use it while driving) it tells me "NO MATCHES FOUND" I have tested so many simple words like "Hi" "Bye" and NOTHING. This is getting annoying. What is going on with this? Any tips or fixes?

JFetch

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what you are experiencing, but it's working for me. It does have it's hiccups though. The other night I was updating my Facebook and I said "I'm exhausted, but I had a good time." What it wrote was "I'm exhausted, but I had a good time in panties". Yeah, try explaining that to your friends.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what you are experiencing, but it's working for me. It does have it's hiccups though. The other night I was updating my Facebook and I said "I'm exhausted, but I had a good time." What it wrote was "I'm exhausted, but I had a good time in panties". Yeah, try explaining that to your friends.

Wow, that's one of the best voice to text misinterpretations I've seen yet. :D

I have a Nexus S 4G on Sprint. For 2 weeks now when I try to use the Voice to Text (Mainly use it while driving) it tells me "NO MATCHES FOUND" I have tested so many simple words like "Hi" "Bye" and NOTHING. This is getting annoying. What is going on with this? Any tips or fixes?

Are you trying to use it to initiate something, like, a note to self, or, driving directions? Or, are you inside something like a text message and you hit the microphone button on the keyboard to add text and then it's not working? If the it's the initial thing I mentioned, make sure to say the proper command first, like, note to self. I use my voice commands constantly to send notes to myself, especially while driving, and, while it's frequently inaccurate as to what I said, it always at least works. Thankfully note to self sends me a recording of what I said, so, I can just ignore what it converts to text, and, listen to the recording. :D If it's the latter, the only thing I can think of is to go into Manage Apps, then select Voice Commands, then clear the data, cache, etc.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Why is it that voice actions can do everything else except launch an application?

You would think that if voice actions can send text messages it could open an app.

Sent from my HTC Magic 32B using Tapatalk

sallyhoe2001

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Once I said to a friend "Well you better sleep with a frying pan under you pillow then." and it changed it to "Will you wet slob your frankenturbo." ... I looked at it .. sent it anyway.

Then I Google-d what the hell a "frankenturbo" was... yeah, voice to text hates me.