LTE Radio's

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have been seeing articles here and there about how smartphones are able to better utilize LTE while being more and more efficient in the battery department. My question is, how hard is LTE on a battery? If you have good signal strength on LTE will that drain your battery super fast, or is it switching between 3g/4g and searching for the LTE that really does the damage? Is there any comparisons out there? If anyone could post a link or any sort of resource I could read through that would be awesome. I just wanna understand it a little better. Thanks!

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been seeing articles here and there about how smartphones are able to better utilize LTE while being more and more efficient in the battery department. My question is, how hard is LTE on a battery? If you have good signal strength on LTE will that drain your battery super fast, or is it switching between 3g/4g and searching for the LTE that really does the damage? Is there any comparisons out there? If anyone could post a link or any sort of resource I could read through that would be awesome. I just wanna understand it a little better. Thanks!

I know for a fact on my Galaxy Nexus I can go from 99% to 91% on 5 hours of standby with LTE on and staying consistent. This was with the 2100 extended battery. But everyone complains about lte draining battery. If it's searching you're done. I suggest if you're in a no data area just turn mobile data off. Just my 2 cents though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the device. My bionic drains battery like no ones business and thats in a good 4g area, my nexus will drain slightly faster on 4g maybe 1.5% per hr and on my gs3 I haven't noticed any appreciable difference in battery life. The gs3 does have a more efficient radio and I think in the case of the bionic and nexus it is really an issue of manufacture implementation seeing as the hardware is almost identical.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2