Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

I think it's because the internal storage amounts have gotten bigger over the years.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

i have an infuse 4g by far best phone i've had with 16gb internal and 32gb external i will probably get the Galaxy S3-S4-S5 if this one every dies and its running KitKat 4.4.2 external sd is a must with 16gb internal atleast and no im not a samsung fanboy they just seem to sell the phones i want

Quote Originally Posted by Shanicenicolle View Post
    +1

Sent from my Red GS3
    Not everyone's near or have wifi

Posted via Android Central App

Hate to hear Samsung is going to a non removable barttery. And I do not understand why everybody is crying about the back case made out of plastic.
    Plastic it easy to clean. And is lighter than metal.
    If you don't carry your phone you need to drop it and break it.
    See somebdoy all the time with a broke screen or something because the carry it with no case.

Y'all gonna make me go to Best Buy and ask the Samsung Rep if what you are saying is true.
    And no Micro SD card. That six's.

And the government following me. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cardboard60 View Post
    And I do not understand why everybody is crying about the back case made out of plastic.
    Plastic it easy to clean. And is lighter than metal.
    If you don't protect your phone you will drop it and break it.
    I see somebody all the time with a broken screen or something because they carry it with no case.

And the government following me. Good luck.
    i have an amasing Balistic Case on my infuse ive seen friends get the htc one or the S4 and like 4 days later broken screen :'o

I talked to the Samsung Rep AT Best Buy and emailed Samsung.
    They do not know where this talk come from.
    If you buy a Samsung Phone. It will have a replaceable battery and a Micro SD card.
    And I told them I like the plastic on the back of the S5 phone. It makes it easy to put the SD card in and take the battery out.
    When you put a case on the phone what difference does it make.
    It you want a metal case. Go buy a iPhone. Then you can take the screws out to take the battery out. And there is NO SD card place.

In a twisted way I can sorta understand no SD cards but no removable batteries? Inexcusable.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

I love my Nexus 5, but I miss removable batteries and SD. The phone is not at all enhanced because it lacks them.

Fortunately the trend appears to be going the other way now.
    A895 likes this.

There is another problem lurking among the technical issues already discussed. As we start seeing 4k video coming, the demand for memory in the phone is going to increase exponentially, take some time to read the data on this.

Global Posts
    2,432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by distributor1 View Post
    There is another problem lurking among the technical issues already discussed. As we start seeing 4k video coming, the demand for memory in the phone is going to increase exponentially, take some time to read the data on this.
    No, the cloud is sure to provide all the room we need. You know, because it is so reliable and is fast all the time. Lots of people on this site have assured me of this.
    Thanked by:
    A895 
    A895 likes this.

We moving back towards removable storage again! Good news! The OnePlus One is the only exception but every other flagship smartphone running Android has a micro SD card slot. Now, if only the price of a 128GB card went down!

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234