Why is Android moving away from Micro SD slots and removeable batteries?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
..sadly, this will never be a good enough answer for a lot of people around here.

People will keep complaining until 32gb becomes the minimum internal storage on a phone until then no SD card will be a lot of angry users

Sent from my PC36100

h0ruza#AC

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I hate this current trend because I feel trapped and bound by a criteria that is becoming harder to fulfill.

I don't mind non removable batteries or the lack of SD Cards but I want the storage space and the battery life to not be something I have to consider.

Give us 64 GB of storage in what ever format they prefer and I want to charge my phone once every day and a half...

These debates would be over (or Less so :)).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
People will keep complaining until 32gb becomes the minimum internal storage on a phone until then no SD card will be a lot of angry users

Sent from my PC36100

When 32GB becomes the norm, people will complain that it's not 128GB.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
..sadly, this will never be a good enough answer for a lot of people around here.

Ok, make them with a big internal memory but change the os to accept an sd card. Sd cards aren't requirements, they are options.

It's a dumb answer.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
When 32GB becomes the norm, people will complain that it's not 128GB.

Only because files are getting bigger and bigger and by that point, 32 probably won't be big enough.

I can really see in the future, you can go over your data limit downloading ONE FILE

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok, make them with a big internal memory but change the os to accept an sd card. Sd cards aren't requirements, they are options.

It's a dumb answer.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Android will always support sd cards, because thats actully Linux kernel feature, it supports both block devices (this is name that linux use to any storage component/device) and read-write of file system on those block devices. It just need software that will mount sd card to some directory, that in case it lack you can install by yourself via root. Even if kernel they build will not support it (Linux kernel is modular allowing to do that) you can change kernel isn't it, but i guess they will build it anyway ifthey got sd card reader, they could do that in case of only having usb host.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It's a dumb answer.

If you say SD cards are just options, then changing the OS to accept an SD card shouldn't be a requirement.

Just saying.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If you say SD cards are just options, then changing the OS to accept an SD card shouldn't be a requirement.

Just saying.

Yes, it should.

The whole point is there still isn't a good reason not to include an sd card

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it should.

The whole point is there still isn't a good reason not to include an sd card

lol. No reason will ever be good enough for you.

But that's fine. There are still Android phones that have SD card slots.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
lol. No reason will ever be good enough for you.

But that's fine. There are still Android phones that have SD card slots.

Yet you still can't get a nexus with one that will still be supported

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yet you still can't get a nexus with one that will still be supported

..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I hate how android users are becoming more and more like apple users thinking the nexus is superior to everything I know this is off topic but I had to get that out there

Sent from my PC36100

Last edited:

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate how android users are become more and more like apple users thinking the nexus is superior to everything I know this is off topic but I had to get that out there

Sent from my PC36100

Probably because the Nexus will get the most and best support the quickest. Suppose that doesn't matter too much if you're just going to root and flash custom roms on it anyway.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Probably because the Nexus will get the most and best support the quickest. Suppose that doesn't matter too much if you're just going to root and flash custom roms on it anyway.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Those things do matter but they overlook other things just because of the nexus name just like iPhone users say well its an iPhone lol

Sent from my PC36100

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available that you don't have to wait months for a update after its release and you get pure, 100% functionality right out the box without messing with some bs like cm mod where this doesn't work, that doesn't work, this freezes, etc.

Fixed that for you and now the statement is correct

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Fixed that for you and now the statement is correct

Can't fix what isn't broken.

..because somehow the Nexus is the only Android phone available. :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non