I recently purchased an aftermarket/no brand Android cell phone from China. So far there are no regrets and it has worked out nice. However like all things that are not brand name there are always trade offs and less attention to detail. This perhaps is one of them. The headphone jack is too deep, I think this was a problem with the more rounded over shell of the first iphone. I fixed this with a deeper adapter to plug into my headphones. However the other one on the same lines is the USB. Other than that they screwed up there is no advantage to this, but the micro USB port sits in a few milimeters deeper than standard. This cable shown shows a rather oddly oversized (in length) micro USB connector. Where can I source this cable? I can't find anywhere online that sells a longer length connector head. But I thought I would give it a go here. Thanks guys!
- 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM #2
Re: Odp: Micro-USB Connector
No no, it's definitely micro-usb, just longer. My other normal micro usb cables work but they are just too short. Not square as your link shows. All it is is about 3mm longer. Probably some proprietary run because the ***** who designed it soldered it too deep to the PCB. I feel this could bite me in the rear one day. I thought the whole point of micro usb was to standardize the industry! Well, only if they respect it.
- 01-08-2013, 06:41 AM #4
- 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM #6
- 01-23-2013, 09:02 AM #9
- 01-25-2013, 10:24 AM #11
- By Mr Davo in forum HTC Desire HDReplies: 3Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:10 PM
- By htc evo 4g in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2012, 08:03 AM
- By kenmid EVO in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 40Last Post: 05-29-2010, 11:53 AM
- By zrxoa1 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 1Last Post: 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
- By asuwookie in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 13Last Post: 04-28-2010, 09:54 AM