Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Running Processes question

This is probably a noob question ... but here it goes.

I just got an LG-OG, running JB 4.1.2 now. A few days ago, I got the Advanced Task Killer app. Every time it runs, it kills about 10-15 apps that are running in the background. I can run it every 5 minutes or so, without having started anything at all, and get the same results. I guess my question is, is that normal? Should I look further into what keep starting up in the background and try to stop them from occurring? Or should I just let them be, and let ATK do it's thing?

Default Re: Running Processes question

Quote Originally Posted by itr themes View Post
    This is probably a noob question ... but here it goes.

I just got an LG-OG, running JB 4.1.2 now. A few days ago, I got the Advanced Task Killer app. Every time it runs, it kills about 10-15 apps that are running in the background. I can run it every 5 minutes or so, without having started anything at all, and get the same results. I guess my question is, is that normal? Should I look further into what keep starting up in the background and try to stop them from occurring? Or should I just let them be, and let ATK do it's thing?
    Some app processes will automatically come back on after being stopped by a task killer. It's normal. To manually disable apps go into SETTINGS > APPS > Tap the app and select "Disable."