The best choice?

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Finally ive decided to buy new phone, but not one of those who follows all the upcoming news regarding them and their specifics, so dont rly have any idea of which phone is really worth getting and which isnt just really expensive but does really give back for its cost. I hope you understand what i mean- im just looking for a phone which is worth its price, atm im kinda thinking that HTC One X (kinda like this one more) or Galaxy S III would be good choices- for taking photos, gaming, surfing in the internet, watching videos, skype, movies and other stuff, but i want to make a good choice because im not buying new phones every year or every time when new model or version is released, so maybe someone could give me some tips and stuff to help me decide? Also please dont recomend too expensive phones like Xperia Z which i like but its just not for my pocket and no iphones.
p.s. i hope i wrote this in the right place
Best regards,
S.A.

cmersman

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
What is your budget? You mention the S3 which is still pretty pricey (about $450 USD if you buy it out right)

S3 is great, But so is the One. The screen quality on the one is better than the S3, which helps when editing/viewing pictures.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Just in case you're not aware, the new HTC One is the hottest ticket in the HTC line (just introduced last week), and the S3 is about to be superseded by the S4. If you want the latest and greatest look at those. OTOH, if you want to save some money, the One X and S3 are still very good phones. Samsung has said some of the new software features in the S4 will be ported to the S3, eventually.

Which is "better" really depends. I chose the S3 over Sprint's version of the HTC and am happy with my choice. They're both good, but differ some in features. Is a removable battery and SD card important to you? The S3 is your choice.Do you hate plastic phones? Then avoid Samsung (but note that the polycarbonate S3 is as rugged, or more so, than any aluminum phone). You'll find fans, and fanboys, of both devices here, and the rhetoric can rather heated, and infantile, at times.

A|C named the S3 the best phone for 2012, for whatever that's worth. And the S3 probably has more accessories available for it than any phone other than the iPhone, if that matters to you. I'd suggest reading the phone reviews here on A|C. They'll provide you with lots of good information to help you make up your mind. Note that the international version of the phones are a bit different than the U.S. versions. Where do you live / what carrier are you on? Here are some helpful links:

Samsung Galaxy S3 review | Android Central
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 review | Android Central
Android Central's 2012 Editor's Choice awards | Android Central

HTC One X review | Android Central
AT&T HTC One X review | Android Central

Samsung Galaxy S3 versus the HTC One X! | Android Central

Either way, you'll have a great phone, and Android Central will be a great place to learn more about it and ask for help if you need it.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, 450$ could be my limit of how much im willing to pay for phone, the S4 and the newest HTC One would probably be off it :(
Also I would want to hear some opinions of other phones too not only S3 or HTC One, i just liked them when i saw their specifications and how they look and was kinda into HTC because i heard that their are getting updates more frequently than other phones, so its not like i want to stick only to those S III or HTC One X. There must be a lot of other good phones of which im just not aware of :)
Thanks, meyerweb, for info and links, ill definetly read it when ill how some more free time :)

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Galaxy s3 is an overall good phone and sometimes you can get then unlocked on eBay for $380 new. HTC one x is a solid phone. If you plan on keeping the phone for a while get the galaxy s3 for the reason it has a user replaceable battery.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Android Central Forums

codehut

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I think the Nexus 4 is a great device at a pretty amazing price.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Dflash

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
The one x and the s3 are both superior phone, but just for your lifestyle ( similar to mine) you should get the s3 because it has a longer battery life and it will get android 4.2.2 and android 5.0 ( the end of s3), htc one x has superior build quality but it will end with android 4.2.2 In every review i went through the s3 won over the x

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Bumping up an old stuff again. So i havent bought a new phone yet, but i came here because my friend suggested me LG Optimus 4x HD over S3. I checked it out, and well, by looking at specifications it looks a little better than S3, but i find it kinda weird thats its ~100$ cheaper than S3, got Tegra 3, but its not as popular as S3. So why is it so, whats the hook?
Best regards,
S.A.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Bumping up an old stuff again. So i havent bought a new phone yet, but i came here because my friend suggested me LG Optimus 4x HD over S3. I checked it out, and well, by looking at specifications it looks a little better than S3, but i find it kinda weird thats its ~100$ cheaper than S3, got Tegra 3, but its not as popular as S3. So why is it so, whats the hook?
Best regards,
S.A.

No way is it better than the S3...the only thing about the S3 that gets my goat is the fact that the screen is hard to see outdoors in the sun. Other than that, this device is a beast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress