Texting video files on Android.

Stephen Jesser

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmmm. There are so many things I like about my new HTC One but this may be a make-or-break deal for me. Texting video files of good quality should be a basic function of a smartphone and is something I did regularly from my iPhone. I have read *numerous* posts on *numerous* forums and the bottom line appears to be that you *cannot* text decent video files from an Android phone. All videos need to be degraded to MMS quality. Have you seen a video file at 177 x 144? It's laughable. Those within the Android community who have responded to queries such as mine have stated that Apple does the same thing by simply compressing the video before sending it. Yeah. They compress it but it still looks really really good on the receiving end of things. I have no interest in sending somebody a link to a video or uploading to an alternate site. I want to text the video file! If someone can prove me wrong and it's a user error; I stand corrected. If not, IMO this is a fail of epic proportions for Android.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non