Verizon....Nexi? Google experience devices?

boochrisboo

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Will Verizon ever see another nexus or a google experience device like the S4, the One, or the now announced sony xperia.
Kind of ridiculous to continue cutting out the nations largest carrier. And Verizon is the largest carrier by a LARGE margin.
In my opinion it should not be a monumental task to include a CDMA antenna in a phone and the coding for it should be able to be accomplished easily by one of their
thousands of engineers. Or is CDMA just to hard.
BCB

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
verizon is just hard to work with. they have security on their software they will not share with google and it slows down development and update rollouts. i have the xoom lte and they have been promising an update for so long. ridiculously long. typical.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Will Verizon ever see another nexus or a google experience device like the S4, the One, or the now announced sony xperia.
Kind of ridiculous to continue cutting out the nations largest carrier. And Verizon is the largest carrier by a LARGE margin.
In my opinion it should not be a monumental task to include a CDMA antenna in a phone and the coding for it should be able to be accomplished easily by one of their
thousands of engineers. Or is CDMA just to hard.
BCB

It's not Google; it's Verizon. They insist on locking and encrypting devices, so that they are difficult to gain root access, and flash ROMs. Link: What is a bootloader, and why does Verizon want them locked? | ExtremeTech

I know it's old, but it still explains why.