Protection plan options

ahiqar

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I picked up a P8P Monday from Verizon on a great deal. I assumed I'd be able to add Google Preferred care afterwards but it looks like that's not an option unless bought from the Google store. So...

It looks like I have at least two options to add device protection: Verizon itself offers it and my local Best Buy offers it. Pricing is similar

Any advice/experience with protection plans on Google phones from either Verizon or Best Buy? Any other options out there I should consider? Thanks.

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Not familiar with Verizon, but the Best Buy option is pretty solid. In either scenario, phone replacements will be refurbs unless not available and then you will be provided a new device. BB doesn't do in house repairs, so if not done via store stock, which I know we don't have Pixel 8 Pros laying about as replacements, I believe its' going to be shipped from the manufacturer direct to the user.

I can find out more when I'm there tomorrow for a shift.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Best Buy Total is a really good deal if you get more than one device from Best Buy and attach them to your My Best Buy Total account. It's $180/year, which is $15/month, and covers devices for up to 2 years. That's comparable to most other insurance plans, and that would be for a single device. With Best Buy, the same price will cover multiple devices, as long as they're attached to the account. I have my Pixel 7 Pro, my wife's Pixel 7, my Pixel Tablet, and a few smaller tech purchases on the account, so the cost per device for coverage is a lot less.

We've already had to use the plan for my wife's Pixel 7, which suffered a broken screen due to a drop. There was supposed to be something like a $75 deductible, but the guy at Best Buy just gave us a new Pixel 7 (not a refurb) and waived the fee!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201