Trouble connecting to SD card

mojo43

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a non rooted Asus Memo and using a OTG cable I can successfully connect to an external drive. I can't however connect to any type of SD card. I have tried three different types and it says that it is connecting when I plug it in, but then disappears. I have tried to use stickmount and ES File Explorer, but nothing works. I find it odd that an external 1TB drive connects no problem, but the SD card can't.

Can someone help me figure this out please?

Thanks in advance...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a non rooted Asus Memo and using a OTG cable I can successfully connect to an external drive. I can't however connect to any type of SD card. I have tried three different types and it says that it is connecting when I plug it in, but then disappears. I have tried to use stickmount and ES File Explorer, but nothing works. I find it odd that an external 1TB drive connects no problem, but the SD card can't.

Can someone help me figure this out please?

Thanks in advance...

Welcome to the forums!

Have you searched for updated drivers for your PC from Asus? That might help a lot.

mojo43

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!

I am trying to connect to an SD card directly using an OTG cable. The Asus is updated with the latest version. Not sure what else to do. Do I have to root my device in order to see the SD card?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

I am trying to connect to an SD card directly using an OTG cable. The Asus is updated with the latest version. Not sure what else to do. Do I have to root my device in order to see the SD card?

No. That should be a stock function. To make sure...what I meant was downloading drivers for your PC and installed so your pc can talk to your Asus.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

mojo43

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help.

I can connect to my PC fine. Maybe I shouldn't have said "directly". I am trying to connect externally to an SD card with an On the go cable and a SD card reader. Are you sure that this is a stock function?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help.

I can connect to my PC fine. Maybe I shouldn't have said "directly". I am trying to connect externally to an SD card with an On the go cable and a SD card reader. Are you sure that this is a stock function?

Sorry...you may need to be rooted for that.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3