S4 Active Root ?'s

areagan7324

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I know there are already threads on this matter but i didnt see the anything about my specific questions.(I may have just overlooked and apologize if I repeat anything already posted in another thread). Anyway, on with it. Ive been trying to decide whether or not to get into the whole world of rooting. I know that when you root it opens up a plethora of options on androids. Main thing Im wanting to do if/when I do decide to go through with a root on my phone(S4 Active) is get rid of all the bullcrap I'll never use so I can free up some space, I want to also change the look cause Im tired of looking at the same old design of the androids Im accustomed to. I want a fresh new look so basically I want to put a theme on my phone. The other thing I am worried about is the fact that if i were to ever "need" to unroot if I'll be able to do so. ive read so many different things and its all confusing. I know my way around a computer decently(nowhere near an expert or "nerd") but am new to the whole android rooting scene and am curious as to what everyone says Im missing.. Ive read a lot about the fact that the MF3 build has no way to unroot if rooted and so on but have a person I know telling me there is a way to unroot the MF3 build. So needless to say I am thoroughly confused about everything. Basically I want to learn how to do everything I want to do with spending little to no money at all. I know in order to root I goto this url with my phone: www.geohot.com/activeroot then install the apk file that gets downloaded, there are a few videos on youtube about it but I am unsure of what steps to take after I do that. And again I apologize for any repeated questions that have been asked on other threads and also for being a noob at this.:)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know there are already threads on this matter but i didnt see the anything about my specific questions.(I may have just overlooked and apologize if I repeat anything already posted in another thread). Anyway, on with it. Ive been trying to decide whether or not to get into the whole world of rooting. I know that when you root it opens up a plethora of options on androids. Main thing Im wanting to do if/when I do decide to go through with a root on my phone(S4 Active) is get rid of all the bullcrap I'll never use so I can free up some space, I want to also change the look cause Im tired of looking at the same old design of the androids Im accustomed to. I want a fresh new look so basically I want to put a theme on my phone. The other thing I am worried about is the fact that if i were to ever "need" to unroot if I'll be able to do so. ive read so many different things and its all confusing. I know my way around a computer decently(nowhere near an expert or "nerd") but am new to the whole android rooting scene and am curious as to what everyone says Im missing.. Ive read a lot about the fact that the MF3 build has no way to unroot if rooted and so on but have a person I know telling me there is a way to unroot the MF3 build. So needless to say I am thoroughly confused about everything. Basically I want to learn how to do everything I want to do with spending little to no money at all. I know in order to root I goto this url with my phone: www.geohot.com/activeroot then install the apk file that gets downloaded, there are a few videos on youtube about it but I am unsure of what steps to take after I do that. And again I apologize for any repeated questions that have been asked on other threads and also for being a noob at this.:)

Welcome
You have some good reasons for rooting. But first, let's try this: You can download a different launcher from Play, like Nova or Action.
Nova Guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/299378-guide-nova-launcher.html
Action Guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...15-guide-action-launcher-updated-1-9-0-a.html
I can also show you how to disable apps. You will be able to clear up RAM, and free a little space, but not rid the app completely. Here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

If this isn't to your liking, we can discuss rooting.

areagan7324

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Welcome
You have some good reasons for rooting. But first, let's try this: You can download a different launcher from Play, like Nova or Action.
Nova Guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-tos/299378-guide-nova-launcher.html
Action Guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...15-guide-action-launcher-updated-1-9-0-a.html
I can also show you how to disable apps. You will be able to clear up RAM, and free a little space, but not rid the app completely. Here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ng-apps-galaxy-s3-tab-2-no-root-required.html

If this isn't to your liking, we can discuss rooting.

I tried Nova, I like the fact I could change a few things but basically as far as themes go Im wanting to be able to change the look entirely to the point it doesnt even look like an android based OS. I didnt find an option on Nova like that. The only thing I found in Action as far as apps went was a paid app and I didnt want to pay for an app that I wasnt sure I was going to like.. If I was just missing a section within Nova though feel free to correct me but I didnt see where i could change the entire look of the menus and all that stuff which is what Im ultimately wanting when it comes down to that aspect..

areagan7324

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-09-24-21-59-48.jpg

I figured it out. I found another launcher called Apex. Then I found this theme to download with it.. I also found a keyboard that i downloaded as well that kinda matches the theme I found... Looks so much better than the stock android look that I'm accustomed to.. Thanks for all the help... It's greatly appreciated..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-24-21-59-48[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-24-21-59-48[1].jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 6

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 82948

I figured it out. I found another launcher called Apex. Then I found this theme to download with it.. I also found a keyboard that i downloaded as well that kinda matches the theme I found... Looks so much better than the stock android look that I'm accustomed to.. Thanks for all the help... It's greatly appreciated..

Glad you got something you like!

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3