SD Card - Tab 2 and Tab 3

No32

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i have had a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" for 5 months and a month or so ago it offered a OS upgrade and one of the revisions was to allow you to move apps to the SD card. This is done by going into setting, into apps, open each app's setting (where you can force stop etc) and there was a new button called "move to SD card". i have now given the Tab 2 to my daughter and bought the new Galaxy Tab 3 7"....... but the move to SD car option isn't present in each of the apps? i haven't yet compared the different OS versions on the Tab 2 and Tab 3 but any thoughts. i have asked the Tab 3 to look for a software upgrade but ti says it has the latest....... if i couldn't do it on the tab 2 i would understand but how do i do it on the tab 3? H E L P............................................

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I don't believe Samsung has released the "move to SD card" feature for the Tab 3 yet, hopefully, they will in a future update. The S4, which has that feature now, didn't at launch, it took an update from Samsung after several months before that the "move to SD card" feature was available.

No32

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks, where is it on the Tab 3 8"? i cannot see it on the 7"........ so infuriating of they have missed it from the 7".one step forwards and two backwards.........

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
thanks, where is it on the Tab 3 8"? i cannot see it on the 7"........ so infuriating of they have missed it from the 7".one step forwards and two backwards.........

Select 'Settings', then scroll down to 'Application Manager' and in your 'Downloaded' list of apps, select the App you want to move to SD card. Under 'Storage' area you should see a 'Move to SD' Button. If the button is not there then you don't have that functionality. Also, remember that some programs cannot be moved to the SD card.

Posted via Android Central App

Robby Delite

May 14, 2014
Visit site
............ Under 'Storage' area you should see a 'Move to SD' Button. If the button is not there then you don't have that functionality................
Posted via Android Central App

I don't have this functionality on my tab 3 7 inch sm-t210. Is there any playstore app that does moving the movable apps to ext sd card. the ones I saw said it does not work for them due to some emulated problems.