Playstore content

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only person who finds this annoying?
The Google Playstore has a set of tabs for "apps" and another for "games".
But most of the content in "apps" consists of games.
So why bother having two different categories?
Or more pointedly, why can't they keep them separated so that I don't have to wade through endless versions of Angry Birds or 4 Pictures etc to find what's new in the apps?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
All games are apps but all apps are not games. Why did the chicken cross the road?

Sent from my phone with the app.

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
So why bother having two different categories?

In the great scheme of things it means nothing.
But if they are going to do something they should do it sensibly.
And why make people wade through loads of games if that's not what they want to see?
Oh well, just a minor rant.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In the great scheme of things it means nothing.
But if they are going to do something they should do it sensibly.
And why make people wade through loads of games if that's not what they want to see?
Oh well, just a minor rant.

Did you just quote and respond to yourself?

All games are apps but all apps are not games.
Sent from my phone with the app.

This.

willanaya

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see a different tab for "in app purchases" games so I can stay away from those.

But yeah going through all those apps to see games mixed with apps is frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The thing that pissed me off more is they don't have a section that list all your purchased apps and in alphabet order, they used to have it in the Gingerbread day. It infuriate me to no ends, especially for someone who spent hundreds of dollars for many apps on the PlayStore and wanting to be aware of everything you bought. There are some third party apps that list purchased apps only, but they don't sort it by alphabet.

Dominosdad

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I quoted a section of my original post, because I was responding to a comment that seems to have missed (that) point. i.e. I know it's not a big deal, but the combination of having to wade through the pointless games and sheer lack of rational logic should be challenged.
Oh well.

EDIT
The above was a couple of months ago. But this and another ( equally minor in the great scheme of things) annoyance made me realise something.
There doesn't seem to be any method for the public to actually tell Google that we don't like the way they do something.
They are effectively impregnably protected from complaints. Even Microsoft collects "did this help" etc. data. But not Google.

Last edited: