Google Photos, what a PITA

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
If any of you have tried to manually upload images from your internal phone storage to the same Google+ storage that your auto upload pictures go to using the Google Photos app that Google is using to replace the stock gallery app, you've probably run into the same problem I have. Namely there is no clear way to do it MANUALLY.

It took me a freaking week to figure out that the only ways to do this involves 2 clumsy workarounds that are not explained anywhere (thanks Google).

Method 1: Share the image using Picasa in the list of share options. Yeah that's right, Picasa. The Google product that's supposed to be replaced by Google+. :| This method allows you to choose which album you want it in or create a new one.

Method 2 which I find even clumsier is to share it privately to your own Google+ account and then afterwards move it into the album you want.

Hope this helps to save others some trouble. How a company like Google can't figure out cloud photo basics like this is beyond me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Picasa is typically the best option. Picasa essentially became Google+ Photos, but it historically is still labelled as Picasa in a lot of Android devices. It allows you to share a photo to the album you want, and in my experience, it works fine.

My guess is that in the near future, as future Android versions come out, the actual Picasa label will disappear, and Google Photos will take over.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully they sort this out. Another annoying thing I discovered is that none of the photos in the album I created myself show up in Highlights even though I have the checkbox unchecked for hiding them from highlights.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And the album still doesn't show up if you tap Menu>Refresh?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo