Why are Samsung phones better than Apple phones?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
We could have saved a lot of each other's time if I hadn't overlooked where you stated that before.
Either way, I'm happy to be part of the Apple minority right now.

Like I said, if you have deep pockets, and do not care about the stuff iOS *can't* do (and a lot of people don't) you should buy Apple. I have recommended Apple in the past to people who meet these criteria.

Pasco08

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I like Samsung better, better product but this is also just opinion. I look at it this way Apple uses Samsung hardware clearly they are doing something right.

Pasco08

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Depends on what you value in a device. Samsung offers high resolution screens compared to iPhone on their high end devices. They also offer removable batteries and micro SD slots. They also have the entire android operating system which in itself is a compelling advantage over an iPhone depending on what phone you get. Another thing is do you prefer Google or Apple having your personal information? There are many factors you have to weigh l, so no one company is better than other. But I vastly prefer Samsung to Apple personally.

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

This.

StayClassy101

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Simple, they do something that apple doesn't. That is they provide choices and several options in which almost anyone can find a phone that will suit there needs. Im comfortable with my note 3 because of the battery and screen size but I feel like I choose ios over android sometimes. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

abazigal

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Simple, they do something that apple doesn't. That is they provide choices and several options in which almost anyone can find a phone that will suit there needs. Im comfortable with my note 3 because of the battery and screen size but I feel like I choose ios over android sometimes. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

I would argue that the iPhone also represents a choice in itself. If you feel the Samsung phone better suits your needs, then go with it. But if you feel the iPhone is a better fit, I don't see the shame in opting for it.

I guess that's why Apple is so divisive - they just don't care about the competition or what consumers think (or at least they convey that impression) and continue to do their own things, their own way. Just take the lightning port for example. People either love it because it looks so slim and sleek and it will be another few years before Android phones get it (in the form of USB 3.1) while others probably hate it because they see it as a thinly veiled ploy to sell them $30 cables all over again. They chose not to support standards like Flash, NFC, and wireless charging, all while pushing for their own standards like the iOS app store and bluetooth 4.0 and airdrop.

It's an awesome feeling if you live within the ecosystem, but I do also see how it can be frustrating when you are straddling multiple platforms.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I would argue that the iPhone also represents a choice in itself. If you feel the Samsung phone better suits your needs, then go with it. But if you feel the iPhone is a better fit, I don't see the shame in opting for it.

I guess that's why Apple is so divisive - they just don't care about the competition or what consumers think (or at least they convey that impression) and continue to do their own things, their own way.
Like sue everyone in sight, and insist they invented everything. It's a kind of arrogance.

The main reason I would say Samsung is better is merely because there is a laundry list of things it can do that the iPhone can't (and for the same price or cheaper). And it is therefore more useful. The reverse is not true...I cannot think of any actual feature or function that the iPhone has than Samsung phones do not.

The only thing Apple has going for it are it's ecosystem and image.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
ORLY?

I guess Plastic is only cool when it has an Apple logo stamped on it eh?

Plastic is not cool to me usually, especially when Apple does it! I even forgot about the 5c...just like a whole lot of other folks. It's not beautiful to me and it certainly is apologetic.

That said, LG has a spin on plastic that I grew to accept and even like. To me the Optimus G Pro and G2 and very nice looking. I know a lot of folks like what Samsung is doing. I just don't understand why Samsung needs to make plastic look like metal and leather. Why not just use...metal and leather? That's my biggest problem with Samsung right there. Build materials. RIM did it with the Blackberry and it looked fine and was durable. Now, if RIM's use of those materials is why they're in the position they're in...well, then I can certainly see why Samsung would want to avoid using the real thing. I have a prejudice against anything I perceive as cheapness, and it doesn't matter who's guilty of it. While I've had 3 Note 3's and think its a decent phone I also noticed some build quality issues in all 3 examples I had, like the home button not sitting straight because it was slightly too small for its opening. A lot of people wouldn't notice or wouldn't care. It is the reason I don't have a Note 3 now.

P.S. Having anyone's logo, including Apple's, on a device is nothing I as a consumer am proud of. It's just a logo. If you're not a teenager who cares?

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Last edited:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Plastic is not cool to me usually, especially when Apple does it! I even forgot about the 5c...just like a whole lot of other folks. It's not beautiful to me and it certainly is apologetic.

That said, LG has a spin on plastic that I grew to accept and even like. To me the Optimus G Pro and G2 and very nice looking. I know a lot of folks like what Samsung is doing. I just don't understand why Samsung needs to make plastic look like metal and leather. Why not just use...metal and leather? That's my biggest problem with Samsung right there. Build materials. RIM did it with the Blackberry and it looked fine and was durable. Now, if RIM's use of those materials is why they're in the position they're in...well, then I can certainly see why Samsung would want to avoid using the real thing. I have a prejudice against anything I perceive as cheapness, and it doesn't matter who's guilty of it. While I've had 3 Note 3's and think its a decent phone I also noticed some build quality issues in all 3 examples I had, like the home button not sitting straight because it was slightly too small for its opening. A lot of people wouldn't notice or wouldn't care. It is the reason I don't have a Note 3 now.

P.S. Having anyone's logo, including Apple's, on a device is nothing I as a consumer am proud of. It's just a logo. If you're not a teenager who cares?

Over a year and you are still calling BlackBerry RIM? I facepalmed. Also I highly doubt build materials led to their downfall.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Over a year and you are still calling BlackBerry RIM? I facepalmed. Also I highly doubt build materials led to their downfall.

I hope you don't hit yourself too hard when doing so. RIM = 1 syllable ...Blackberry = 3...and I'm not feeling like they're entirely deserving of the remaining 2...so I call them RIM.
Funny how nobody else seems to be concerned about patenting things like icon grids.
...gotta agree with that. It's just silly and I don't even think Apple takes it seriously, they just have money to waste on lawyers so they figure, "Why not?"
Some companies give choices so that many types of people enjoy the products, some tell you what to enjoy.

Note 3 ~ 5s
Boo. You can do better, I know you can. Try again.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope you don't hit yourself too hard when doing so. RIM = 1 syllable ...Blackberry = 3...and I'm not feeling like they're entirely deserving of the remaining 2...so I call them RIM.

...gotta agree with that. It's just silly and I don't even think Apple takes it seriously, they just have money to waste on lawyers so they figure, "Why not?"

Boo. You can do better, I know you can. Try again.

BlackBerry is no longer called RIM so there's no reason to call them that anymore more. RIM is not their company name. It's BlackBerry. Every company deserves respect. Also you are typing Black and Berry is too hard for you?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
BlackBerry is no longer called RIM so there's no reason to call them that anymore more. RIM is not their company name. It's BlackBerry. Every company deserves respect. Also you are typing Black and Berry is too hard for you?

RIM. Shoot me. That's all they're getting from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress