Replacement for SE Xperia Mini Pro

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I?m looking for a phone to replace my trusty SE Xperia Mini Pro.

This is my ideal phone, but there don?t appear to be any modern alternatives to it.

Please can you suggest a phone to replace it based on the below criteria?
  • Android
  • Maximum 4.0in screen
  • Fairly compact
  • Slide out qwerty keyboard would be nice, but not essential
  • Capacitive Touch Screen
  • 5MP+ HD Camera
  • USB Charging
  • SD Card slot
  • UK 3.5G minimum (quad band preferred, 4G would be nice but not essential)
  • ?150 or under (new or used)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't think of any phone that supports that unless it's an older model. The slide out keyboard will be a hard one to find. Have you checked the Moto G?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Slide out keyboard is out of the window for any decent spec phones. For now. 4.7" screen phones are considered as tiny.

There are some 4" model, but they aren't worth their money. The Galaxy S4 mini come close, but it's overpriced for the spec it come with.

Asus Zenfone 4, releasing soon, may match what you are looking for. I don't think it's a great phone. Even though it have 4" screen only, it's only 480p and quite large due to the bezel. The Moto G which for being only 5mm wider and longer, have 4.5" 720p screen and quadcore, and running stock Android which undoubtedly will be a much smoother experience.

All of these are in the mid 120mm x 60 mm size, which are still too big compared to a Xperia Mini.

I'll see if I can find anything else, but for what you're asking may have to settle with one of those lowend Samsung Galaxy 3.5" phones or an iPhone 4S.

alexondrums

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Upon checking some reviews etc, I decided to go with the Moto-G.

It's not 100% what i was looking for but decided to compromise on the SD card / size / keyboard for the sheer value and great specs of the phone. Looking forward to it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez