Kies 3 - Get the Raid out! Full of bugs! Don't use!

JJ623

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Our company has numerous clients that are syncing with Outlook 2010 via USB with Kies 2. As they upgrade their OS on their phones they have to move to Kies 3 which is full of bugs and just doesn’t work. We encourage our clients to keep as much of their data off line for security purposes.

Members of our tech team have worked for hours if not days trying to get Samsung’s Kies 3 to work. Not one of Samsung's techs have been able to nail this down.

Very disheartening to see a major corporation like Samsung put out such poor software and render lousy “support.” It seems that they are paying more attention to the bling, flash and such of their product line rather than making it work.

Here are some of the most prominent bugs:

1. Kies 3 is somehow creating more records than are in the contact folder of Outlook. It looks like it is taking a name of a contact and finding another email address for that person in the actual emails on the phone.
2. It errors out particularly in calendar sync. Sync once, make no changes, sync again and you get an error
3. It removes all the categories
4. It doesn’t take all of the contact pictures over

On top of that, it doesn’t automatically link a particular contact to the various accounts, i.e. phone, Google, FB, etc. You have to do that manually! Really, with thousands of contacts!!!!

If anyone has suggestions, we would love to hear them. Hopefully Samsung will resolve this issue immediately.

Maybe we should take another look at HTC or LG.

Thank you.

Last edited:

John Woo1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
KIES is known as a buggy software since it released and nothing new really. I just installed it for Samsung USB driver and then remove KIES after that. Dont expect Samsung gonna fix anything related to KIES, from KIES beta to KIES 3 and nothing had been fixed.
There are KIES altnerative that does a much better job then KIES and personally I use MyPhoneExplorer. Easy, fast to use, support wifi connection and its free.

Here are few KIES alt to choose from: Top 5 Samsung Kies Alternatives

Stephen J

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I love my Note 4 as a device but I see why people go to Apple - less buggy situations!!! Google and Samsung are starting to care more about the new release dates than puttin out quality products and software. I just installed Kies 3 and its froze up on me twice. All I did was install on my relatively new laptop Win 8.1

I just dont get it.... the reason I needed to install Kies was because my Note 4 was lagging in speed and text messages sometimes even the screen would pause for a second. Im thinking I should have gotten a 6+

Really disappointed more importantly don't think I would recommend a Samsung/Google product :(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are Exchange sync apps that work, so why use Kies?

An all-in-one app is, and has been since the days of MSDOS 1.1, an all-bad-in-one app. Use individual apps for individual functions. It's 2014 - people who expect to be able to push one button to do everything are like secretaries in the 1930s, sending out business letters written in longhand with nib pens dipped in inkwells. People in the 21st century have to be able use computers the way people in the 18th century had to know how to handle horses. Can you imagine a kid in 1750 expecting a team of 4 to direct itself? A 12 year old could handle 4 reins. (A 12 year old could probably handle a computer better than some office workers today.)

And anyone still using Exchange Server deserves it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo