Suggestion for buying new phone

Amir

Nov 17, 2013
plus.google.com
Guys I saw moto G. It's quite good. I am ok with it not having micro sd slot. But non remove able battery worries me. Can u guys suggest should I buy samsung s III Moto G or can u guys suggest any smartphone in the price range of moto G which is better than both of them?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Guys I saw moto G. It's quite good. I am ok with it not having micro sd slot. But non remove able battery worries me. Can u guys suggest should I buy samsung s III Moto G or can u guys suggest any smartphone in the price range of moto G which is better than both of them?
The Galaxy S3 is a decent phone, but a lot of people don't like touchwiz, and it's days of OS support are numbered. If you are going to get a Galaxy S3, you could probably get a moto X for the same price (or a nexus 5 for that matter)...both are better hardware and will have better support.

I would only get the Moto G if you are on a very tight budget. And if you are, there is nothing better than the Moto G. It is significantly better than the alternatives.

As for battery life...The nexus 5 and Moto X both have significantly better battery life than a stock Galaxy S3.

60091.png

Amir

Nov 17, 2013
plus.google.com
Moto G is good then. But problem is that it does not have remove able battery. So if battery is dead phone is dead too??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Moto G is good then. But problem is that it does not have remove able battery. So if battery is dead phone is dead too??
If the battery stops working you can get it fixed via your warranty. I think the warranty covers that for at least a year. It would be considered a manufacturing defect.

That being said, the vast majority of batteries are fine. The main advantage of a removable battery for me is if you want to upgrade it with a better one.

Also, it is possible to replace bad batteries yourself in phones with membedded batteries. There are tutorials online for that.

LG Google Nexus 5 Take Apart Repair Tutorial DIY - YouTube

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
You can get up to 5 hours or more on screen time with the MotoG battery, it have one of the best battery life out of any phones. You will have better software experience with the MotoG, it will run smooth with stock Android and you get newer version of Android updated sooner.

If you don't mind bloatwares on the S3, it's a good phone for it's camera which is much better than the MotoG, and it has microSD support.

sent via tapatalk

Last edited:

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Most phones can have the battery replaced including iPhone, just open it up and replace it. Look like the casing use T5 torque screw.
I don't see anyone selling replacement Moto G battery on eBay yet though. You shouldn't worry because by the time the battery goes bad, you would have moved to a new phone, it should hold up for 2 years.
MotoG-1859.jpg

It's a nice thing it's using eccentric rotating vibration module instead of linear.

mtvictor

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
You wont have to worry for the battery.
Most of the phones don't have a removable battery
Iphones, HTC one, Hauwei, moto X,G nexus devices, etc.
Yet, they sell :) So don't worry
I been using my nexus 7 for a year, and it doesn't matter if it dies, it will always charge.

Posted via Android Central App

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
So the embedded batteries can be replaced??

Yeah, often pretty easily. The process is just more involved than with a removable battery. On some phones it is more involved than others, but all smartphones have modular batteries that can be replaced.

The main advantage of phones with removable batteries is:

1) They are easier to replace if they die

2) You can have more than one battery and swap them out if you are away from a charger for longer periods.

3) You can upgrade the battery to a larger one.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Two things are a requirement for me SD card and removable battery. Will never give that up. I love my Samsung

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member