I won't be buying the S22 Ultra because the Note 20 Ultra is better (micro SD, MST, 6.9")

Status
Not open for further replies.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I love this thread. First time in many years I won't be participating in the upgrade. If I wanted a Note, I'd buy a Note. They should have just called it what it is rather than pretending it's a better version of an S21 Ultra. I am happy for all the Note users that choose to upgrade to the S22 Note. I know you're fanatic about the Note and I think it's a nice upgrade for you!

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
He also said the note 20 was going to be a flop . Lol

I said the S21 was going to be a flop (and it was) not the Note 20 Ultra. I have Note 20 Ultra. I was a very expensive upgrade for slight differences. Having the features I wanted, I paid for it. Post covid, you're now paying more for less. The S22 Ultra is a repeat of the S21 which had terrible sales. A lot of Note 20 Ultra buyers will pass on the S22 Ultra

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Then you won't be buying any Samsung Galaxy phones, in the future. The SD card slot is not coming back. I don't know why that's news at this point. I have 2 terabytes of cloud storage. I've had 2 corrupt SD card experiences. I'm not in love with SD cards.

Last edited:

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I was actually thinking of selling my S21 Ultra and buying the S21 FE or S22. Just so I could lower my monthly payment. I am done paying $1200 or more for a phone. My only two requirements are 256gb and 90-120hz screen. Last year, those phones were few and far between. I guess I could have settled for the S21 or S21+ but hindsight is 20/20. I honestly wanted the biggest screen I could afford. But now I am looking to get a Tab S7 so the large screen on a phone is less important.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
No micro SD Slot, No sale!!!!! The Note 20 Ultra is the G.O.A.T.! It's really unfortunate that Samsung has alienated their most loyal customers to save some money. That turned out to be a disaster for the S21 sales. We'll see if the sales of the S22 is a repeat but for the 2nd year in a row I will be passing on an upgrade. After 10 straight years of upgrades the excitement of upgrading every year is gone. Sad. I want a Micro SD slot and that's what I want. My Note 20 Ultra already has it. It has a 6.9" screen AND MST Samsung Pay which is the only wireless payment that works at places like the post office. I'm not about to give my Note 20 Ultra + an arm and a leg for a lessor phone. Looks like I'll keeping the GOAT for a long time. That's ok because it's the best phone that now has very rare high tech features. Samsung can go shove it were the sun doesn't shine. I'm not a sheep and I will be keeping my money. Samsung doesn't realize the damage they may be doing. The phones drive more sales to more products year after year after year. I've spent thousands and thousands with Samsung for a decade: appliances, tablets, watches, ear buds, TVs, wireless chargers and got knows how many Samsung smartphones. The smartphone sale is the gateway to selling other stuff. The last Samsung product I bought was the Note 20 Ultra. I may never buy another Samsung product again. The excitement is gone. It's surprising even after they did an internal audit because of dismal S21 sales how tone deaf and blind Samsung has become. This is an example of how great companies lose their greatness. Samsung may be becoming just another company. IBM, Sears, Sony, Panasonic, Radio Shack, Atari, Sega to name a few.

Why would you buy it at all? It’s not a note. The note 20 is an excellent phone.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Looks like you'll be able to trade your $1200 Note 20 Ultra + $800 for and S22 Ultra with fewer features. Ha ha ha ha ha. I wonder if Samsung assumes their customers use drugs.

After a while a phone is a phone not much more Samsung can throw st at.

Yes if the note 20 ultra works you should keep that until updates stop working on it.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
No micro SD Slot, No sale!!!!! The Note 20 Ultra is the G.O.A.T.! It's really unfortunate that Samsung has alienated their most loyal customers to save some money. That turned out to be a disaster for the S21 sales. We'll see if the sales of the S22 is a repeat but for the 2nd year in a row I will be passing on an upgrade. After 10 straight years of upgrades the excitement of upgrading every year is gone. Sad. I want a Micro SD slot and that's what I want. My Note 20 Ultra already has it. It has a 6.9" screen AND MST Samsung Pay which is the only wireless payment that works at places like the post office. I'm not about to give my Note 20 Ultra + an arm and a leg for a lessor phone. Looks like I'll keeping the GOAT for a long time. That's ok because it's the best phone that now has very rare high tech features. Samsung can go shove it were the sun doesn't shine. I'm not a sheep and I will be keeping my money. Samsung doesn't realize the damage they may be doing. The phones drive more sales to more products year after year after year. I've spent thousands and thousands with Samsung for a decade: appliances, tablets, watches, ear buds, TVs, wireless chargers and got knows how many Samsung smartphones. The smartphone sale is the gateway to selling other stuff. The last Samsung product I bought was the Note 20 Ultra. I may never buy another Samsung product again. The excitement is gone. It's surprising even after they did an internal audit because of dismal S21 sales how tone deaf and blind Samsung has become. This is an example of how great companies lose their greatness. Samsung may be becoming just another company. IBM, Sears, Sony, Panasonic, Radio Shack, Atari, Sega to name a few.
From a Note 20U owner's point of view, I agree with some of your contents.
But, not everyone is or thinks the same, so many people will buy the new phones, and many others will keep what we have or buy something entirely different.
In my case, even though I love tech and used to get the latest top of the line phone for several years, I can't do that since a few years ago, money's short and I rather use it for my family than a new phone, besides, the N20U it's still great and will be great for at least 2 more years.
Just my 2 cents.

Sent From the TARDIS

Logan Hale

Feb 5, 2022
Visit site
OK! Free country, you decision.

However, to imply people are sheep because they purchase a Samsung phone (or other phone) that does not have an SD card is beyond being ludicrous!

If a person does not need a SD card why purchase a phone only with a SD card? Why sit home and cry because a manufacture does not have a SD card reader; move on to the company that manufactures phones and has SD card readers.

I have a two-year old Pixel 4XL, NO SD CARD, 128gb memory module, and I have over 3K songs, hundreds of documents, some photos, very few videos and I am only using 45% of the internal memory. So tell me, why the heck would I need a frigging SD card? I'll answer that myself....NO!

Uaxps4p.jpg

THIS!

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I have of 750GB of data plus I have more from when I filled a 400GB micro SD. I know a Pixel doesn't have 1TB capacity.

Cloud is good for backup to local storage[Mod redacted comment] Why should you be forced to rent your own data?

By not allowing micro SD, Samsung is forcing you to pay an extra $400 for local storage every time you buy a phone!!! Who knows how long it takes to transfer up to 1TB of data from your old phone to your new phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-220159_My Files.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-220159_My Files.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited by a moderator:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have of 750GB of data plus I have more from when I filled a 400GB micro SD. I know a Pixel doesn't have 1TB capacity.

Cloud is good for backup to local storage[Mod redacted comment] Why should you be forced to rent your own data?

By not allowing micro SD, Samsung is forcing you to pay an extra $400 for local storage every time you buy a phone!!! Who knows how long it takes to transfer up to 1TB of data from your old phone to your new phone
[Dont look to get yourself in trouble, i edit that comment out ]

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
OK! Free country, you decision.

However, to imply people are sheep because they purchase a Samsung phone (or other phone) that does not have an SD card is beyond being ludicrous!

If a person does not need a SD card why purchase a phone only with a SD card? Why sit home and cry because a manufacture does not have a SD card reader; move on to the company that manufactures phones and has SD card readers.

I have a two-year old Pixel 4XL, NO SD CARD, 128gb memory module, and I have over 3K songs, hundreds of documents, some photos, very few videos and I am only using 45% of the internal memory. So tell me, why the heck would I need a frigging SD card? I'll answer that myself....NO!

Uaxps4p.jpg

You're the opposite of a power user which is who the note was designed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.