Can I use other stock ROMs after I have rooted and still have root?
I'm new to rooting and I have recently rooted my Nexus 7 and experimented with Cyanogen Mod and Paranoid Android ROMs but I was wondering if it was possible to get hold of the stock ROM that comes with the LG G Pad 8.3, install it on my Nexus 7 and would I still have root?
- 03-07-2014, 06:56 AM #2
Re: Can I use other stock ROMs after I have rooted and still have root?
If you install a stock rom of another device onto a Nexus 7, you will either softbrick it or it will not boot. Fortunately it's a Nexus so it will only softbrick, for non-Nexus it might be a hardbrick.
You can hope for someone to port the rom, but since LG softwares are proprietary, it will not likely happen. Also no one want bloatwares on their Nexus, so it will not happen.
For rooting a Nexus, you install it by flashing SuperSU package in custom recovery. So you can flash SuperSU package to any roms.
There are themes and launchers on the Playstore that emulate LG looks.
- 03-07-2014, 08:46 AM #4
- 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM #6
- By Saroota Spritebatch in forum GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2014, 08:48 AM
- By asxch in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:19 AM
- By etbooker in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2014, 06:18 AM
- By Grimgrak in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2Replies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2014, 01:50 AM
- By Grimgrak in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2Replies: 0Last Post: 03-07-2014, 12:59 AM