Will manufacturers stop including micro sd slots in their products?

ahawkua

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know most people like to be able to expand their amount of storage space. So will companies stop putting micro SD slots on the products?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: will manufactures stop including micro sd slots in their products?

The way it is now, I don't think that companies will stop putting it in if they are currently using it . In fact htc is adding it.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I think companies that sell memories like Sony and Samsung will support them, but otherwise most will not. The new HTC phones is an exception. I still think the trend is most will not support it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Some htc models last year supported it too depending on variant.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site

I think they will eventually. It's only a matter of time before internal storage gets cheaper than adding and supporting a micro SD slot. It will probably take a couple of years for that to happen, though.

eggantom

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I think that in any case we'll be able to choose a gadget that has a SD card slot. But the alternatives won't be that numerous.

Anyway, I have hopes for Project Ara. If not for a SD slot block, you'll anyway will be able to increase smartphones storage with bigger internal memory block. I really look forward for the project to succeed.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Maybe in another 6years they'll stop doing MicroSD slots, but for NOW? Nah, I see phones coming with MicroSD slots for a few more years until we get high end phones with 128GB minimum, mid ends with 64GB minimum and low ends 32GB with minimum, right now we still get flagships with a paltry 16GB, and Cloud storage still isn't viable globally.

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I will not buy a phone without a micro SD slot. I will not buy a phone without a removable battery. Enough said.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87