Who is still using their Note 20 Ultra in 2023?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hello all. I am just curious... Who is still using their Note 20 Ultra in 2023 as their main device? I sometimes wish I had this device. I've tried several times to switch to it as my main device... But coming from the Note 10+ last year, I feel like the bigger upgrade for me was in the S21 Ultra that I switched to. But honestly, when it came down to trying to find an unlocked one in good condition, for a good price, it was really hard so I gave up. The few issues for me that I experienced with the N20 Ultra like the horrendous battery life (4 hours or less of SOT for me), not being able to use 1440 at 120hz refresh rate, and the issues of constantly having this yellow tinge to certain pictures for me kinda made it hard to upgrade to as well for me. I also heard of so many people having the "gluegate," issue. I did also kind of see that as well.

Last flagship Note-style device that has micro SD card support, good build quality, nice design. I honestly like the design of the back camera better than newer devices today like the S23U. I had gotten one last year in the summer time from amazon seller Chubbiestech, which was in perfect condition, and I should have kept that. But I wasn't to fond of paying 600 dollars for it.

That said, who is still using theirs? I am still somewhat tempted to pick up another one lol

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still rocking mine. Working great. Maybe I'll get the 24 when it comes out. I thought about picking up the Fold 5 when it got released, but my phone has to be dust proof.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I do really think they should have released the Note 20 Ultra with a 5000 maH battery though. Or at the least 4800 maH.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I still have one. I'm getting over 5 hours of SOT, usually. Sometimes it's lower and sometimes it's more. I want a new device, but if the rumors are true and Samsung goes to a flat display for the Ultra, I may just wait for the Fold 6.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
No... there is another...
Yep, and here I am 😉 I like the curved display on my P6PRO, I think it looks cool and adds a little panache to the overall experience. But it's also my first curved display, and I never use screen protectors, so that might have something to do with it lol.

I don't like that the phone cases cut the side protection down though.. makes me kinda nervous seeing that much screen exposed to a drop.

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I also prefer curved screens, but that's what I've used since 2019. I'm sure that I could adjust to flat screens again if necessary.
I'm curve agnostic. I've been using Notes forever, so I've had a curved screen since whenever they switched to them on the Note/S series. But I'll just get used to whatever they throw at us, the same way I did with power button location, S-pen location, etc.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I don't get the love of curved screens lol I would prefer a flat screen.

They make the device more prone to scratches due to the screen having a raised edge on the side. It's hard to find the right case sometimes, and it's also hard to find a good screen protector. And it really doesn't serve any functional purpose any more honestly. I suppose it did for Samsung when they were trying to highlight their "edge panels," feature. But, nowadays, any Samsung device can pretty much have that, so it's kind of not necessary.

My Note 10+ had a lot more screen nicks and scratches compared to my S21 Ultra, which has a more flat screen. Not completely flat, but more subtle curves. Barely noticeable it almost seems. Just my 2 cents though.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the love of curved screens lol I would prefer a flat screen.

They make the device more prone to scratches due to the screen having a raised edge on the side. It's hard to find the right case sometimes, and it's also hard to find a good screen protector. And it really doesn't serve any functional purpose any more honestly. I suppose it did for Samsung when they were trying to highlight their "edge panels," feature. But, nowadays, any Samsung device can pretty much have that, so it's kind of not necessary.

My Note 10+ had a lot more screen nicks and scratches compared to my S21 Ultra, which has a more flat screen. Not completely flat, but more subtle curves. Barely noticeable it almost seems. Just my 2 cents though.
I've always found it strange that they put the curved screens on devices with an S-Pen. Who doesn't love taking notes on a wine bottle?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I still have mine. I couldn't see the switch to the S line and just never did. I don't know about battery life. It's worse, I guess, but I have the ability to charge as needed.

If the S24 line has the Ultra, I'll probably upgrade since I've had this since a few months after launch.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos