Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What do you use your tablet for?

I have 2 Android tablets Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 and the Galaxy Tab 2 7(As a back up) and a powerfull 11.6 inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 core).

I use my Acer Iconia W700 just to:

Edit my Youtube videos and upload to Youtube.
    Surfing the web
    Watching videos
    Reading the news
    Downlading Files, Videos

On my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 i do:

Light Gaming(Angry Birds, Labyrinth, Racing, Soccer Rally, more)
    Surfing the web
    Watching videos
    Read the news
    Checking emails
    Checking the weather
    Write scripts for my Youtube videos
    Record my Youtubs videos using the rear camera(8MP)

So what leaves my gaming Windows 8 laptop = i only really use it for hardcore gaming like FIFA sometimes and it is a back up for my file storage.

It is safe to say my tablets have replaced my laptop for most of the time.

What tablet do you have? What do you use your tablet for?
    Last edited by Billy95Tech; 08-20-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Default Re: What do you use your tablet for?

Tablets will never replace a good desktop for me until project ara allows for tablets that are upgradable and can run the same stuff at the same frame rate as desktop computers.

My current tablet is used for reading, watching videos, and as a "second monitor" when needed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

For me? Basic web surfing, Android based games and basic communication with certain friends. By no means has this replaced my desktop or laptop. I still fit it in my day to day just fine though.

I have a Note 10.1 and Nexus 7 (both original versions). The Nexus 7 has been relegated to a bedside alarm clock and the Note 10.1 is used primarily for casual web browsing (ex. reading content), e-mail, occasional video (ex. YouTube), and the NFL Sunday ticket app during football season.

I've found mobile devices are best as a supplement to a regular computer, and are more suited for consuming simple content. Example, many websites still don't work very well on a mobile browser. Even AC's main blog here will have a heavily formatted post (usually about a flagship phone review) that just doesn't play well with a mobile device, but otherwise works normally on a computer. Also, it can be rather tedious at times using a mobile device to make a long post here in the forums.

Thus my Windows laptop is my go to device for productivity and full multitasking. It's just so much easier to use a regular computer for its full qwerty keyboard, various keyboard shortcuts, and full copy/paste of virtually any type of content. It's also able to run numerous applications, including heavy video (ex. Sunday Ticket), all at the same time without any one of them pausing or skipping a beat.

My main web browsing is still done on my MBP. I've been doing a little more on my tablet (now a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014) but I still prefer the laptop for primary browsing. I also use the tablet for Android-based games, some communication (email and Hangouts if I don't feel like dragging the laptop over) and magazine reading.

I have a surface pro and use it pretty much as my laptop too. I don't game or use any cpu intensive apps so it works fine for my needs

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I use it mostly for gaming but I do use it for web browsing when my phone is not around.

Use my LG Gpad 8.3 mainly for gaming... Web surfing... Netflix... Emails... Text (phone and tablet both run QPair). Have a MBP that collects dust. Mainly use my tablet and phone nowadays.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I have a surface pro and use it pretty much as my laptop too. I don't game or use any cpu intensive apps so it works fine for my needs
    That's because your Surface Pro is a small screen laptop masquerading as a tablet. It's an awesome device, but I never viewed it as anything other than a laptop. By the way... I see pretty much ALL laptops moving to that same form factor (different sized screens, of course).

I have the Note Pro LTE and I use it for fun and work.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,178 Global Posts

My surface pro 2 is a full laptop replacement.

i store all the music from my amazon cloud. blue tooth in the car, movies, real racer 3, browzing, navigation, tethering.
    The "infraction"

G pad is used for Web, note taking and movies during workdays

Posted via Android Central App
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Some good answers here.

Anyone else? What do you use your tablet for?