So what the best option for me right now?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So, I own a iPhone 5S. I like the phone and all, but honestly there's things about android that I'm not sure I can ignore anymore and that I want in a smartphone. It's not even rooting and tweaking, it's basic design principles like apps communicating and working with one another and having more choice in devices.

But, I honestly don't have a lot of cash right now. In fact, very little cash. So I'm wondering what the best device or course of action is for me. Wether that's too yet again do a AT&T next payment plan and slowly pay off a 700 dollar purchase or to get something off contract .

But I don't want to sacrifice enjoyment or performance too much where I'm going to regret getting the device when using it.

I really want something that I can afford, has good battery life, and who's software is good to use. Preferably close to stock android. And will atleast be ok at getting updates. While I get what I pay for if I go cheaper, I don't want to regret it in a week or two and feel forced to get a more expensive phone.espeacily if I'm coming from a phone (5S) which is high end right now .

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X is currently available for pretty cheap. It has stock-like UI and some very useful features (active display, touchless control). And performance should not be an issue.

The G2 is another option if you don't mind rooting and flashing an AOSP custom ROM to replace the LG UI. Big screen, great battery life, and very good camera.

Sent from my G2 running SOKP

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moto X or Moto G. The latter is significantly cheaper ($199 for the unlocked 16 GB Google Play Edition straight from Google), but lacks 4GLTE (although HSPA+ can be pretty fast). There's a new G coming out soon that does have 4GLTE, so you could hold on for that one.

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't have a lot of cash right now. In fact, very little cash. So I'm wondering what the best device or course of action is for me.

I really want something that I can afford, has good battery life, and who's software is good to use.

Realistically, what you can apparently afford would be a $ 29,95 Samsung clamshell feature phone, Raven. It's got a two week battery life, fully mature software that just works, a low-low cost 500 minute and all-you-can-SMS contract for like $ 5,95 per month, and fits every pocket!

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X sounds perfect for you. It is pretty darn close to the performance of a flagship, without the price of a flagship. One thing to be wary of though, is that the camera is not that good.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd say the vast majority of comments, posts, and reviews I've read about the Moto G describe its performance as admirable, as if it were a flagship phone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little wary how performance may be on the moto g.

B. DIddy sorta hit the nail on the hit. It's said to be the best phone in its class for the money and hardware! I ordered a Moto G 4GLTE for the girlfriend. I can report my findings when it comes in!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress