Recap: Motorola's Motorola Assist Ask Me Anything

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola Assist is a big feature on recent Motorola devices and earlier today on Google+, Motorola held an Ask Me Anything event with Mark Rose, Product Manager of Motorola Assist.

Here are some highlights:

Goal of Motorola Assist is to be much, much smarter than their previous Smart Actions app.

Similar to the Home Mode functionality, the team is working on a Work Mode.

Updates to Sleep Mode coming. The team os working on a smarter way to handle Sleep Mode rather than just day-of-the-week or weekday/weekend. Rose used vacations, time-off, and holidays as an example and mentioned "think of a personal assistant that knows your daily activities and adapts based on them."

Requests for hints at Android Wear integration receive a "wait" response.

Assist can work with most Exchange calendar setups, but not all. Team hopes to continually improve.

On battery improvements through, Rose commented, "Battery is one of our key tests, which is not to use battery as much as possible, and we continue to make it battery friendly."

The Google-owned version of Motorola made a big commitment to updates - not just Android updates. Moving their own apps to the Play Store allows them to release application updates much quicker as well and though Motorola is on it's way to be coming a Lenovo company, Motorola seems committed to updating their devices and applications with new features and functionality.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I really like to see company's come out and give a deeper insight as to what they are up and want to accomplish with their new features.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez